Costco in Vancouver

Jun 6th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Original Poster

Costco in Vancouver

I will be coming for my first trip to Vancouver and Van Island next week. Am looking to pick up some items at Costco and would like advice about which store to go to. I want to get Allegra (alllergy meds which are by prescription only in the US).

From the website it looks like the Costco right on Grandview Highway is smaller (no Pharmacy listed). Should I go there or will I need to go to what appears to be the bigger store in Richmond. I will have a car.

I would also like to pick up some Canadian wine for our 2 week stay. Is alcohol available at Costcos in Canada or is there another option you suggest? Thanks
Jun 7th, 2005, 12:36 AM

Why not give the Grandview highway one a call? The Costco on the Lougheed Highway between Coquitlam and Pitt Meadows has a pharmacy. I think there's also a Costco with a pharmacy on the King George Highway in Surrey (closer to the US border).
No joy with the wine though! You need to find a government run liquor store or a beer and wine store (often attached to a pub or hotel).
Jun 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM

You mentioned Vancouver Island on your itinerary. There is a large Costco in Nanaimo (north end) and one just north of Victoria. If you are driving the Victoria Costco is great - easy parking and no traffic!!
Jun 7th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I did call and found that I'll have to go to Richmond or Burnaby - but well worth it since I found out the price will be one third of what I pay in the US(with insurance)!

We are going to both Tofino and Victoria, so its looks like we can hit Costcos throughout the province.

Any insider tips, especially for cheap eats - e.g. do they have decent inexpensive sushi like the Costcos in Hawaii?
Jun 7th, 2005, 03:18 PM

Yes, although, Vancouver has decent, cheap sushi everywhere, so don't limit yourself to Costco!

Search this Thread