Cheap Hotels In Montreal????

Dec 3rd, 2001, 05:30 PM
Nicholas Bower

Cheap Hotels In Montreal????

The Title says it all. I want to find the cheapest possible place to stay in or very near to the city of Montreal. Preferably I would like to not spend more than $50 US per night if that is possible. I would spend more if there is no way around it, but the finances are very tight. The bottom line is that I'm a poor student and still want to take my girlfriend for several days over New Year's eve for a getaway to Montreal. Any information would be greatly appreciated as to potential hotels, bed-and-breakfasts, etc. I would love to stay somewhere quaint and romantic, but that would take a back seat to a more economical choice if needs be.
Thanks a ton,
Nick

Dec 4th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Daniel Williams

You could probably swing a few hotels at the price you're looking at...Hotel Casa Bella is in your price range; the rooms are fine and although it's next to an unfortunate-looking vacant lot, the location is good, one block from Place des Arts. Hotel Viger (may have changed names?) is also in your range, not far from Old Montreal, but off the beaten path.

Good luck. DAN

Dec 4th, 2001, 05:25 PM
Daniel Williams

Oh...I wanted add...stay IN the city, whatever you do. I think you'll be glad you did (and like I said, there are decent properties at reasonable prices in the City of Montreal itself).

Dec 5th, 2001, 08:15 AM
dougd

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a room in your price range. There are a string of inexpensive hotels across the street from the bus station, that run about $45 US a night. I think one of them is called the Breton (?). For somethin a little nicer, the Residence du Voyaguer is a modest hotel in a nice area, and it's about $60 US.
For a really inexpensive room there are dorm rooms available throughout the city, such as College Francois (?) which is about $20 US - very bare bones. The neighborhood is a little funky, but safe. There are also dozens of b&b's that will cost you about $65 US a night. Contact one of the b&b networks, and ask to stay near Square St. Louis, or near the Sherbrooke metro, this is a very nice neighborhood.

Dec 5th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Nicholas Bower

Thank you all for your advice! I will look forward to booking with the help of your suggestions. Any others you think of - just post 'em! Everything helps!
Peace,
Nick

Aug 4th, 2004, 12:05 PM

Hi,

Just have a look to the hotel Casa Bella (www.hotelcasabella.com).
The room are cheap but great and the hotel is well-located downtown. Nearly everything is walking distance.