Reload this Page >

Cape Breton in March

Search

Cape Breton in March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 01:20 PM
grant

Cape Breton in March

Could someone let me know what type of weather to expect on Cape Breton Island ni March - thinkning about a visit but am uncertain if it would be worth it that time of year.<BR>Thanks

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 03:09 PM
thor

Grant: In a word; lousy. Come back in the Summer or Fall.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Paula

Grant, in my view Cape Breton is beautiful 12 months of the year! But, this is a classic case of 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'! I love Cape Breton! What do you have in mind for your trip to CB? What do you want to see/do while you are there?<BR><BR>Obviously, it will not be warm. You could expect snow, rain, fog. You may also get days of brilliant sunshine. Just out of curiosity: Why March? <BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 03:03 AM
grant

Thanks for the info from both of you. Cape Breton is high on my list of places to visit. This summer we already have a trip planned to the Canadian Rockies - have a special rate of $40 per night at a hotel near Banff. We have already been to Banff several times but love it so much and have too good a rate to skip it - although we do want to go to new places as well. I am one of those travelers who allows price to determine where I go. Just so happens that I have free air tickets and $40 per night in the C. Rockies. I feel I'm robbing someone for this dream vacation.<BR>Thought about cancelling Banff for the Cape but just can't give up the rate for a high season. Therefore we were looking at spring break (we are teachers) - I don't mind cold weather but I would mind FOG! I love foggy days since it adds to a mood of a place but not if it lasts for days and you can't wee anything.<BR>I am just wondering if it is a total waste at that time of year. Do they have extended days of fog? <BR>thanks again to both of you for the input.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 11:32 AM
thor

Grant: I used to own a house in Ingonish Beach which is a beautiful spot to linger on a Cape Breton holiday. That time of year, though, there is still lots of snow in the Cape Breton Highlands. It is still very beautiful, and there wouldn't be many tourists around, but to appreciate the true beauty of the area, I would still recommend a summer, or fall trip. Personally, I think September is the ideal time to go. <BR><BR>If you want to come to N.S. during Spring break, why not go to Halifax. If the weather is lousy, there are enough indoor attractions to keep you entertained, and if you get some good days, the South Shore, and, the attractive coastal villages, including Lunenburg, a World Hertiage Site, are an easy day drive away.