Canada in February

Aug 15th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Canada in February

My fiance and I were thinking of doing our honeymoon in Canada. IT would be in February. We are not sure were to go. I was thinking either Montreal, Quebec or Toronto. Which would you recommend? Also, what activities are there? We like to do some sightseeing and do other things besides skiing. Do you recommend a tour company or the winter train tours? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!
Aug 15th, 2006, 12:31 PM

When exactly in February? If you're travelling before February 11, then you should book your holiday now and go to the Winter Carnival in Quebec City. Go to www.carnaval.qc.ca

I'm from Toronto, and I wouldn't recommend that you spend a lot of time there in February. Yes to a weekend, where you focused on indoor activities (restaurants, a hockey game, hockey hall of fame, Bata Shoe Museum, shopping, theatre). But it's not a thrilling place to be in February.
Aug 15th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Congratulations!

If your trip brings you to Montreal at the end of February, take a look at

http://www.montrealenlumiere.com/indexEn.php

JQ

Aug 15th, 2006, 02:58 PM

If you are planning to head out west, check out www.winterrailvacations.com
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Hi 6069holland,

My understanding is that the Rocky Mountaineer's winter trains only operate around Christmas, not in February when bklynnj0118 wants to travel.
Aug 15th, 2006, 09:35 PM

I have been to most of the major cities in Canada and it really isn't a bad idea at all to do your honeymoon there in February.

Myyyyyyyyyyyyy vibe is that right away you should narrow the choices to 3 possibilities:

Montreal
Quebec City
Vancouver

If going for the first two, there will be plenty of romance for the harshness of the winter climate and the foreignness of the french culture. You'd just suck it up and pack warm clothing that you might not otherwise use and just know you'll be together both indoors and out...

Vancouver can be gorgeous, yet certainly somewhat cold. I was there in early February this year for a weekend and the skies were clear and the whole city was beautiful.

Typical are cloudy days where the sun seldom comes out, but if it is considerably chilly for there... then bright sunshine w/clear skies is the norm.

two hours away (from Vancouver) is one of the largest ski resorts in north america... Whistler-Blackcomb... site of the 2010 winter olympics

I say that you select between probably those three, and decide for yourselves... and know that any of the three would afford you a great, memorable honeymoon.

Good luck!

Aug 16th, 2006, 06:18 AM
ltt

canada in february i would recommend going during the quebec city winter carnival (book accommodations asap). or head west and enjoy the rockies in the winter - banff, jasper and lake louise.