Better to fly into Seattle or Vancouver?

Jun 27th, 2001, 09:23 PM
Sally

Better to fly into Seattle or Vancouver?

My family and I are thinking about visiting some friends who have a house in the Vancouver area. We are planning to rent a car. Is it better to fly into Seattle or Vancouver. I think the house is actually in West Vancouver.

Jun 28th, 2001, 06:39 AM
gary

Well the first question is are you talking about expense or convenience? If it's the former, and you are traveling from somewhere in the US, my understanding is that there are better deals to Seatac than to YVR. On the other hand you have to consider whether the saving is worth the hassle of renting a car in Seattle and driving 2 1/2 hours (not counting the border lineups which could add another hour) just to save a few dollars.

YVR is a much more people friendly airport handling about 16 million people a year and you go through customs coming in as well as going back to the US so that your flight from Vancouver home does not require your going through US customs when you arrive home.

Furthermore if you are flying back out of Seatac it means the same 2 1/2 hour drive back with the long border lineup etc. etc. So if the saving is big enough to compensate for that go for it, otherwise fly into YVR