Bed Bugs in Toronto!!!

Oct 16th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Bed Bugs in Toronto!!!

Hey Guys,

I have a major bed bugs infestation after moving into a new apartment this month. I did not see them when I was viewing the place, I'm assuming because all the light and furniture had been removed for a while. Once I had moved in, they all came out of their hiding places and I've been getting attacked every night. It's driving me nuts!!!!

Can anyone give me some proven DIY methods or a good exterminator?

Thanks,

Josh
Oct 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM

Try 20 Mule Team Borax or boric acid powder if you can get it.
You can mix up a strong solution of borax and spray into the cracks. Don't blame the city. Nearly every city has a resident population of vermin ranging from bedbugs to rats.
Oct 16th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Hi, Josh,

Sorry that I cannot offer any practical solutions to bed bug infestation.

As this problem is not specific to Toronto, you may want to consider posting your question in The Lounge where you will probably receive many more replies to your question.

Have you contacted your landlord about this? Perhaps the landlord has an exterminator on site who could deal with your bed bug infestation. If not, she/he/it should!

Hope you get this problem resolved soon.

OB1
Oct 17th, 2012, 03:19 AM

Call the public health department. Good luck.
Oct 17th, 2012, 06:31 AM

Hiya Josh:
I am sorry to hear about whats been going on. I have a few suggestions for you and I believe that if you use them you may be successful in getting rid of the bed bugs.
Firstly, chemical treatments of any kind, on its own cannot get rid of bed bugs. You have to use Integrated Pest Management. The synopsis of this is that you need to use a combination of methods if you want to be successful.
1. Heat treat your laundry and linen in very high heat for 30-40 minutes to kill bugs.
2. Get a prep company to steam and vacuum your baseboards, bed and closet areas.
3. You have to reduce and clutter in your home. Wrap and dispose of any infested furniture.
4. Put everything in clear bags and move furniture from walls so that when the Pest control company comes in, they can spray ALL NECESSARY AREAS.

Remember that you have to do those things before the pest control company comes in to do the spray. If you find that this seem too tedious, there are companies that specializes in preparing your home for chemical treatment. Google " bed bug prep" and see what comes up.

As for good exterminators, you can try:
Orkin Pest Control
Good day Pest Control
Reliable Pest Control
East West Pest Control
I hear they are awesome.

I hope this helps.