Reload this Page >

Bed & Breakfast / Inns Toronto

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:20 PM
Sue

Hello, I posted this earlier, but it doesn't show, I think I did something wrong - - please accept my apology if this is somehow posted twice!<BR><BR>We (3 couples, no kids) are looking for a bed & breakfast or inn for our stay in Toronto. I've searched the web on this, but I'm getting a little confused - just about every inn boasts "central location" "close to everything" and "the best bed & breakfast in Toronto"! Can anyone offer a personal recommendation? We are looking for 3 rooms each with private bath, in a location where we can walk to get a coffee in the evening, etc. I don't want to say that price doesn't matter, (because lets face it - it undoubtedly does!) but the exchange rate is very good so it is not my first consideration. We are really looking forward to our stay, thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Ken

Sue, I wish I could be of help, but I don't have any experiences with B&Bs etc. Unfortunately, most people on this board are hung up on the big commercial hotels and rarely branch out into a more "real" experience (i.e. staying in a townhouse in downtown etc.) in this city. I hope you find what you are looking for and please post a trip report to help other, more adventuresome travelers. Good Luck!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Dee

We love to stay in B&Bs! There was a really great one in Toronto, centraly located with ensuite bathrooms. However, the inn keeper died a couple of years ago and we haven't been able to find one that meets our needs since that time. We have friends that have stayed in a couple of them but wouldn't recommend those. One problem is that most don't have ensuite baths. However, with 3 couples you may have the whole house and shared baths are not a problem. Also, most are on the edge of a "central location." Perhaps if you posted the adress of those you are seriously considering, someone could help with the location.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Sue

Dee, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Would you mind posting the ones your friends stayed in but you wouldn't recommend? I realize you are not "bashing" them, but to know which to avoid would save some time. The shared bath is usually not a problem, but one of the couples has 5 children (who will not be with us) and they share a bath on a daily basis - a private on might be a nice treat for them! At this point I don't have 1 serious contender, but when I do I'll post back for opinions. Thanks so much!

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:01 AM
elizabeth

Hi Sue - here's a B&B suggestion - it's east of the Yorkville area - friends of our stayed there and really liked it. We were a *little* concerned about the area - the odd lady of the evening on the block - but our friends just laughed at our concerns!<BR><BR>http://www.danielsmusicalhideaway.com/

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Fran

Elizabeth, I was interested in this topic also. I checked out the B7B you mentioned - this place looks a little weird??

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 05:44 PM
gus mitchell

Try www.tdbab.com -- it is in Cabbagetown

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:29 AM
elizabeth

Fran - it probably seems a little eccentric - they've taken the "musical theme" all the way! But the accommodations are very nice, and there's a very pretty internal courtyard where you can have breakfast and relax.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Susan

I live in Toronto, so have never stayed here, but I know that the Madison (a popular pub in the Annex district) has a hotel - website is http://www.madisonavenuepub.com/madisonmanor/. My husband and I met at the pub years ago when we both lived in the Annex and we just went back there for a lunch on their patio a week or so ago. The area is close to U of T, so just west of downtown. The owners have really expanded over the years - in addition to their original Madison Pub, they have another pub in the area, plus the hotel and a hotel in Puerto Vallarta.