Reload this Page >

Banff Ski Conditions in late April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 05:15 PM
jennifer

My family has it's first trip to Canada planned for Easter Week ( 4/17- 4/26/03 ) and I am worried about the ski conditions at this time. Locals- what is our vacation going to be like in the second half of April?<BR>Please reply.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:08 PM
stephie

It really depends on the seasons. Some seasons I have skied Lake Louise and Sunshine well into May and other seasons the snow was gone by mid March. I would suggest that your best bet would be Sunshine because it is higher altitude and tends to have better snow other than that it is all up to mother nature! Also be aware that anywhere in The Canadian Rockies from March onward is considerd &quot;spring skiing conditions&quot; which means that there could be exposed rock, slush etc.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:34 AM
mrs. ez

we were planning the same trip at thet exact same time but we just switched to whistler in vancouver!!!!we wanted ski-on/ski off hotel and it seems that whistler has a later season. banff was all shuttles which is annoying with the kids. good luck!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:12 PM
stephie

Hmmmmm not sure about Whistler's spring skiing. My experience is that Whistler gets more snow but it is wet and very slushly in the spring. I would take the rockies for skiing in a heartbeat.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 08:32 AM
x

will probably be just fine. at that time of year if it is warm, most people hit the slopes right when they open cause by late afternoon, the lower runs may be slushy.