Reload this Page >

best canadian ski resorts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Nogman

What are the best ski resorts in Canada? I have heard that Whistler is great. What are sone other good places?

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 09:31 PM
jim

Whistler is great but Expensive.<BR>Other good ones:<BR>Lake Louise, ALberta<BR>Sunshine Village, Alberta<BR>Marmot Basin, Jasper, Alberta<BR>Panorama, British Columbia

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 03:55 AM
the_driven_one

And, to add to Jim's list, Fernie, British Columbia. A great circle tour from Calgary would be Lake Louise, Sunshine, Panorama, and Fernie... Oh, and I almost forgot: Big White, southeast of Kelowna, BC, almost always has great snow and is relatively inexpensive, too (well, compared to Whistler, anyway)...

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 11:00 AM
martha

I agree with Fernie! Usually the best powder in the Rockies. The west is definitely where the best snow is. Sunshine and Lake Louise are great too. Whistler is fabulous but is certainly way more expensive than the Banff/Fernie scene. <BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 11:43 AM
ski_or_die

Well this is a pretty subjective question.<BR><BR>Best ski area in Canada, wherever you happen to be skiing that day is the best place to ski, you cannot go wrong.<BR>

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Brian

I had a great time at Mt St. Anne last March, just outside of Quebec. The Americans seem to love it, whenever I was on a lift I was sitting next to someone from Vermont, go figure! Plus you're close enough to enjoy the beautful city of Quebec.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Mike

Brian where did you stay at Monte Ste. Anne, we are looking to book a place in march.