banff - place that would sleep 6

Jun 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM
ltt
Original Poster

banff - place that would sleep 6

would like to book a cabin or chalet that would sleep 6 people without someone having to sleep on a pull out in the living room. baker creek cabins would only sleep 4. the one i did find was the douglas fir resort chalets. any others you can suggest. thanks.
Aug 19th, 2004, 01:49 PM
ltt
Original Poster

ttt
Aug 19th, 2004, 02:03 PM

Have you considered looking for accommodation in Canmore? There you can rent a two or three bedroom condo - plenty of sleeping room for everyone. Downside is that condos are often a bit pricey ($$$).
Aug 20th, 2004, 04:54 AM

We had this same dilema when searching for accommodations in B.C. and Alberta ourselves. We wanted to be near the parks. Of course, we were a much larger group of 11, but it was important to us to be under one roof. I finally called one of the information services and they told me that they restrict the building in Banff and the other towns near the parks to maintain the integrity, etc. So, after an exhausting search, we gave up on that idea and started looking at lodges. Still under the same roof, just different bedrooms. We ended up at The Beaverfoot Lodge outside of Golden. (I did a review of the lodge a couple of weeks ago).
We did, however, find some larger homes to rent in Panorama, and we did spend the first two weeks in a 5 bedroom home in Fairmont Hot Springs.
But, I did a lot of research on this, and the larger homes are hard to find.
Good luck.
Aug 20th, 2004, 07:07 AM

Here are some Canmore websites to help in your search:

http://www.discovercanmore.com/Where...els/index.html

http://www.canmorealberta.ca/quicksearch.html

http://www.canmorealberta.com/direct...ion/index.html

Canmore is growing like mad, new accommodation is being built all the time, but a lot of these new developments are not your standard hotels as much as time shares and condos (both townhouse style and apartment style).
And since Canmore is right on the eastern gates of Banff National Park, and a short 10 to 15 minute drive from Banff townsite, it's in an ideal location. Which of course is why it's also expensive.

Good luck with your search.