Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

BANFF,LAKE LOUISE,JASPER where to stay and what to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2003, 04:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, am planning this April 2003 for about 10 days, to visit rockies, will appreciate suggestion to where to stay and what to do above mentioned places, additional place of interest also welcomed, starting point will be vancouver.Names of Local travel agent also welcomed, pls. furnish website or email if possible. Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 04:36 AM

Mikey:<BR><BR>I am sure you know that there still will be plenty of snow in Banff <BR><BR>That being said, Chateau Lake Louise has the most spectacular setting <BR>Town of Banff is where the 'action' is located.<BR>Places to stay in Banff I will let others answer in that I stayed at the &quot;Inns of Banff&quot; because it was a bargain for skiing! I did not like the rooms at the &quot;Banff Springs hotel&quot;, but the hotel is worth a stroll and a drink!<BR>I hear the &quot;Rimrock HOtel&quot; is the place to stay in Banff.<BR>Check out the www.skicanada.com web site for great packages for the Banff area<BR>JOHN<BR>
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 01:30 PM

Between Banff and Lake Louise is a wonderful place called Baker Creek Chalets. Their website is www.bakercreek.com and they have a lodge as well as cabins. We stayed in one of the cabins years ago and enjoyed it so much we are going back this summer.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:40 AM

In Jasper, try the Fairmont Hotel, the Pasper Park Lodge (ususalyy called JPL).<BR><BR>I really like Jasper because it is smaller and not as packed &amp; crowded as Banff. That is however my personal preference:<BR><BR>http://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Home/Hotels/AboutHotel/CDHotelHomePage/0,2993,property%25255Fseq%253D100104,00.html<BR><B R>
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:27 PM

we stayed at lake louise fairmont this summer, and it was wonderful. hiking around the lake was a highlight. in banff, stayed at the rimrock, which was very nice. visited the banff fairmont, and while it was beautiful, expense not worth what you get. the rooms are reputed to be small and stuffy, although i didnt see them. wonderful trip. we went on a day trip in banff on a hummer- it was fantastic. email me if you want me to try to get contact info for owner of the hummer. cathy
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:55 AM

Cathy I hate to sounc ignorant but what is a hummer? C.E.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 07:31 AM

Kathy:<BR><BR>Wow is that a loaded question!!!<BR><BR>A &quot;Hummer&quot; is the humongous SUV that every lawyer in NJ owns! Its probably because they aren't getting the other 'hummer'<BR>Wow, I am sorry for that. The &quot;news&quot; is &quot;so bad&quot; these days that I had to try for a little joke.<BR>Please, I hope not to offend anyone.<BR><BR>John