Baker Creek Bistro

Search

Baker Creek Bistro

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baker Creek Bistro

Thanks to the folks who've mentioned Baker Creek as a splendid place to eat in the Lake Louise area. I tried googling them, hoping to learn their hours of operation, whether they were closed certain days, etc. Couldn't find an informative webiste. So:

Can someone tell me, please, whether that restaurant is open for lunch as well as for dinner. I wonder if reservations wouldbe necessary at that time? (early Sept)
Actually, I'd rather do dinner (save lunches just for picnics). At the same time, we don't like to have to drive very far for dinner (esp as we enjoy wine with dinner). Can someone tell me, please, about how long the drive is from Faimont Lake Louise to Baker Creek Bistro?
Finally, I'd be interested to hear which restaurant at the Chateau is considered "best." Not as in fanciest-- just best food and service and pleasant, handsome surroundings.
Thank so much!
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM

www.bakercreek.com is the website. We have stayed there several times, but only had dinners there. Very good! I know they have breakfast, and it smelled really good and was packed, lol! The drive between Baker Creek and the Chateau is short, about 10 minutes or so.
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 06:36 PM

Yes, make reservations AT LEAST a day in advance...my mistake!!! In case you need another superb and cozy dining experience...since I could not get in Baker's, the manager recommended Storm Mountain Restaurant..about another 15 minutes down the road...wonderful meal!!!!
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, both.
I did try Baker's website, but was disappointed to find no toll-free # to make reservations. I e-mailed the bistro abt reservations, but haven't heard back.
Can anyone tell me abt how long the drive is from LL to Baker's? (I don't want much of a drive after dinner.)
Thank you!
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 07:43 AM

Driving at the posted speed limits which, if I recall correctly,are about 60 - 70 km/hr in the area, you're looking at about a 15 - 20 minute drive from the Chateau to Baker Creek.

As for a restaurant at the Chateau, I can highly recommend the Walliser Stube which has a mix of Swiss and Contemporary cuisine and is well known for it's fondues. I'm not sure if it's the best as I haven't been to all the restaurants there, but we certainly enjoyed the atmosphere and had attentive service. BTW, Baker Creek Bistro also serves an excellent cheese fondue!
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:02 PM

I'm glad that someone had the correct driving time information. It has been 2 years since we were there, and I just remember that it is a short drive. We will be back next summer though...can't wait!
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much all. I guess we'll try to do Baker's Creek for lunch. (Don't like the idea of driving that far after even a couple of glasses of wine.) Hopefully we can catch a meal there on our way between Banff and Lake Louise. Looking forward!
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 03:22 PM

Hi
How close is the Baker Creek from Paradise Lodge?
Thanks