airport to d'town

Search

airport to d'town

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airport to d'town

how easy is public transportation Pearson Internat'l airport to Weston Hardour Castle in toronto?
shuttles cost 18CA pp each way!
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 06:14 AM

Lots of transferring - $2.75 one way for the TTC bus to Kipling Subway Station - make sure to take the right bus, transfer to the subway at Kipling - go east (the only way at Kipling) to Yonge Street stop, go upstairs, transfer to the Yonge line and go south to Union Station, go upstairs and find the entrance for the streetcar #511 (I have to check that it may be another number but any streetcar from there goes to the first stop) - the first stop after leaving Union is for the Westin Harbur Castle, go upstairs, cross the road.

At Union when you go upstairs, if you're near a shop when you get up there, you're on the wrong side to get the streetcar, go downstairs and go up another set of stairs further along the platform for the entrance to the streetcar.

It's a pretty long ride.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:54 AM
LJ

I take the TTC every day so I don't think it is quite as nightmarish as SallyCanuck has suggested IF you are accustomed to public transit in a big city and if you keep your wits about you.

But what she has described is essentially correct. What she left out its that Torontonians are generally very friendly and responsive to visitors and will help you with the two transfers.

Have a great trip!
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM

The downside to taking public transit from the airport is that it will take you 1.5 to 2 hours to reach the Westin. By comparison a taxi from the airport will get you there in about 30 minutes for $50.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 12:30 PM
LJ

I was down at Queens Quay, near the Westin today, at lunch (it is beautiful day here!) You can easily walk from Union (subway)Station to the Harbour Castle Hilton if you don't have too much luggage (i.e. skip that streetcar). The time from Kipling to Union. But, like the man said: "Its your nickle"
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM
BAK

I used to live within walking distance of the HArbour Castle,a nd had a client within walking distance of the airport, and took the subway-bus combo many times.

All in all, not that bad, and if you just one a little luiggage, it's fine. But with heavy bags, take the shuttle bus.

The walk from Union Station subway stop to the Harbour CAstle is longer than you might think from a map, with luggage.

BAK

BAK
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Doesn't the Harbour Castle have a shuttle bus that goes from the hotel to Union Station? Ask the hotel.