Search

Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Canada

Date: 07/31/2007, 05:44 pm
I posted this on the Europe board in error -although it has had replies.

Air Canada best North American airline: survey

Scott Deveau, Financial Post
Published: Monday, July 30, 2007

Air Canada was heralded as the Best Airline in North America' on Monday after an exhaustive survey of millions of air travellers worldwide.

Topping the North American list, however, only placed Canada's largest carrier 11th overall internationally.

Singapore Airlines was named Airline of the Year' by the U.K.-based research firm Skytrax, an independent entity that ranks airlines by gauging dozens of areas of customer satisfaction, from cabin decor to washroom cleanliness.

"We are thrilled to be acknowledged by air travellers around the world as the best airline in North America for the second time in just three years," Montie Brewer, Air Canada's chief executive, said Monday.

"I am very proud of our employees and congratulate them on this positive recognition of their efforts to provide our customers with a superior travel experience."

More than 14 million passengers worldwide participated in the survey of 162 global carriers between August, 2006, and June, 2007.

Star Alliance, of which Air Canada is a founding member, was also ranked as "Best Airline Alliance." Overall, Air Canada received three out of five stars from Skytrax, the same rating as its Canadian rival, WestJet Airlines Ltd.

WestJet ranked 77th overall globally and 12 out of the 21 North American carriers surveyed.

Old Jul 31st, 2007, 04:22 PM

It is interesting that Air Canada does so well in these surveys and yet some Canadians love to hate AC.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 08:26 PM

Well Gavin, you have to hate the government enforced monopoly. Really, it is the Canadian way.
I mean, laws prevent Air Transat from picking me up in Victoria and transfering me in Montreal to Paris. Either you are a regional carrier like Westjet, or you are an international carrier like Air Transat ............ unless you are Air Canada.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Me, I love to hate Air Transat - the worst flight I've ever experienced was with them.
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 07:51 AM
LJ

Hey, Sally, I didn't realize YOU were on that plane, too.

Let me see: was it TO direct (!) to Glasgow when the plane was forced to land in Manchester and the landing was so bumpy that the overhead compartments came open and dumped stuff all over our heads and an elderly lady screamed hysterically until it set all the kids off and the flight attendants were tight-lipped and white-faced to the point where I wanted to join in the yelling and then everybody barfed...AND THE PILOT SAID NOTHING!!!

Got to love that Air Transat!
Old Aug 1st, 2007, 08:17 AM

Who did they survey? Air Canada management???