Reload this Page >

Acadia or Cape Breton/Halifax

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:08 PM
laura

Has anyone travelled to both <BR>Acadia in ME and Halifax/Cape Breton <BR>and know which has more natural <BR>scenery ? <BR> <BR>Did you found Acadia as scenic as <BR>Big Sur in Calif? I already live <BR>near beaches here in FL, so a beach by itself <BR>is not much scenery to me. <BR> <BR>How accessible is Cape Breton from Halifax? <BR>Are there buses or other transportation <BR>means? <BR> <BR>Finally, can anyone advise on how to <BR>go about finding low cost fares to Halifax <BR>out of Orlando? Air Canada appears expensive <BR>at nearly $400 ppd <BR> <BR>Thx <BR>

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 07:25 PM
judi hartlin

Air Canada is still your best bet but you can wait for a seat sale - you may be able to get it for as little as $250-300. The beaches in NS are nothing like Fl. I have been to Fl several times and live in Halifax. Also, Hfx is a relatively lare urban city - not much scenery here although very fun and a lot of scenic towns nearby. Sydney, Cape Breton is about a 5 hour drive from Halifax and Cape Breton itself is very spread out. You would want to rent a car and drive up. NS is a great place to visit and somewhat similar to Maine. E-mail me with questions if you actually decide to make the trip.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 03:31 AM
boba81

Would suggest you rent a car in Halifax and drive to Cape Breton Island. The Cabot trail is a spectacular ocean Drive around the island. Don't miss Baddeck,N.S. which has the Alexander Graham Bell Museum.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 05:09 AM
Tanya

Laura: <BR>I have been to Acadia in Maine. It is a beautiful spot, wonderful scenery. However, being from Nova Scotia, I would urge you to come and visit our lovely province as well. The following is out of the Doer's and Dreamer's Guide for NS: <BR> <BR>Cape Breton does have one of the most beautiful scenic drives in the world. The Cabot trail winds around the rocky splendour of Cape Breton's northern shore, ascending to the incredible plateaus of Cape Breton Highlands National Park. This magnificent highway is carved into the sides of mountains that rise high above the shimmering waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Lookoffs offer unforgettable vistas of Cape Breton rugged coastline, where pods of whales can often be seen just offshore nd bald eagles soar aloft on the oceans breezes. <BR> <BR>Cape Breton Highlands National Park encompasses on of Canada's most exceptional wilderness areas. The park has 26 trails and there is a full range of visitor services, including excellent camping and interpretive programs. <BR> <BR>You certainly won't be disappointed with the Trail and the rest of Nova Scotia. There is public transportation (bus) but it will only take you between point a and b (ie Halifax to Sydney). You need to rent a car in order to travel the backroads and trails of Nova Scotia. <BR> <BR>