Reload this Page >

A good Travel guide for Onterio?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2000, 12:24 PM
Trevor McComb

Can anyone please recommend a good travel guide (book) to cover Onterio. My wife and I plan to goto Onterio and New England to see the fall (Last week September/First week October).

Old May 29th, 2000, 12:25 PM
Trevor McComb

Sorry should be Ontario.

Old May 29th, 2000, 04:02 PM
M&J

We used Lonely Planet's Canada guide and it was very useful.

Old May 31st, 2000, 08:24 AM
Daniel Williams

Hi Trevor! <BR> <BR>I have been quite favorably impressed with Ulysses travel guides for travel in the Western Hempishere, Canada in particular. Ulysses Guide Books are based in Montreal, Quebec and extensively cover the neighboring province of Ontario. There is one guidebook "Ontario" but additionally there are books for specific needs by Ulysses such as "Cycling in Ontario", "Hiking in...", etc...as well as a specific book each on Ottawa and Toronto. The company is Québécois-owned so many books are originally in French, although I have seen quite a number of their books in English also (I've seen them in Barnes & Noble bookstores everywhere I've been in the USA). <BR> <BR>Have a great time! <BR> <BR>Dan.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 10:33 PM
Neil Jamieson

I suggest you try some of the publications from the Government of <BR>Ontario which cost nothing. <BR> <BR>The Ministry of Tourism's website is: <BR> <BR>www.tourism.gov.on.ca <BR> <BR>You should be able to order travel guides and other specific guides on this <BR>site. If not, it will at least give you links to where you can order them. <BR> <BR>What part(s) of Ontario do you wish to visit? It is large in area, larger than any European country. Most Ontarians have only seen a portion of their province. <BR> <BR>I use the travel guides published by the Ontario government because I find they are the most up-to-date and accurate. <BR> <BR>Tell me if you found the website ok and what kind of information you are looking for. <BR> <BR>Good Luck!

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Linda

Hi Trevor, <BR>Every fall The Toronto Star runs a good article on 'fall foliage' drives in southern Ontario. The main purpose being to provide day trip information for the locals. If you have had trouble finding other info e-mail me and I will see if I can get this info for you. Fall is a fabulous time to visit here. <BR>Linda