Reload this Page >

1st class accomodation in Vancouver and Toronto

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 1999, 09:38 PM
Lee

We are a couple in mid thirties (from Hong Kong )planning to visit Canada and looking for a house to purchase. We need to stay for few weeks to a month in Toronto and Vancouver. We prefer to rent an apt or something with a kitchen in these cities . (not sure if Four Seasons have apts with kitchen ). Can someone advise us on hotels /apts for 3 weeks to a month in the First Class category ? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>Lee

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 06:19 PM
Ron

In Vancouver, you probably want the Pacific Palisades on Robson Street, which has large one bedroom suites with full kitchens. Tey get a lot of entertainment celebs staying there while in town making movies or tv shows. They are part of the Shangri-la chain.

Old Jul 27th, 1999, 05:23 AM
Matt

In Toronto, try the Intercontinental Hotel, or the brand new Windsor Arms. Both are a Prada bag's throw from ultra-trendy Yorkville, and offer some of the best accomodations in Hogtown

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 08:41 AM
jm

Yes, in Toronto, the Four Seasons, Intercontinental and Windsor Arms are considered first class - but they don't have kitchens. It's hard to find that combination. I would suggest you find an executive rental company (Does anyone know the name of one?) that rents furnished apartments to visiting execs.

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 07:42 PM
sheri doyle

The perfect place in Vancouver would be La Grande Residence--very upscale long-stay condos attached to the five-star Sutton Place. <BR> <BR>Sheri Doyle <BR>Pacific Northwest Journeys <BR>Seattle

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 06:08 AM
Brian Kilgore

In Toronto, try the Cambridge Suites Hotel. While the suites do not have full kitchens with North American full-sized stoves, each unit is a suite with a microwave oven, refreifgerator, coffeemker, dishes and cutlery. <BR>It is near the corner of Queen Street and Yonge Stree, meaning it is in the heart of the downtown Toronto business district. Many of its guests are long-term, and it is a popular home for senior managers looking for accomodtion fora week to a few months. 15 Richmond Street East. 416-386-1990 or (this may not work from Hong Kong) 1-800-463-1990. website http://centennialhotels.com/cambridge <BR> <BR>I was in the lobby yesterday. It is part of an office complex, looks very nice, and is within a ten minute walk of some of Toronto's Chinatown, very close to good shopping, and close to a subway station. <BR>BAK <BR>

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 07:09 AM
elizabeth

Cambridge Suites is an excellent suggestion Brian. I used to work across the street and we used it all the time - the rooms are nice and the kitchen facilities probably adequate for a 3 week stay. Also, the dining room is very good

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 05:01 PM
louise

hello Lee, I completely agree with the Cambridge Suite recommendations. We have stayed there several times and have always been pleased. good luck