I may visit Melboune next March 2011, to go to a wedding. I have always wanted to see the Great Barrier Reef. So I thought that if I do go to the wedding then perhaps I could plan a trip to see the GBR.
I have been trying to secure a exchange with my timeshare to a location that would be close enough so that I can visit the Reef. They called today with a possibility just north of Brisbane, at the entrance of the Sunshine Coast.
It seems to me that this location may be too far to visit the GBR as it looks like the closest island is Lady Elliot which is about 4 hours away. Can anyone confirm if I am correct.
I have 24 hours to confirm this location.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 We help you live your dream.
- 2 Melbourne lodging locations
- 3 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 4 Sydney High tea
- 5 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 6 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 7 30 Days Down Under
- 8 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 9 Australia for two weeks.
- 10 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 11 Itinerary decisions
- 12 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 13 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 14 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 15 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 16 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 17 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 18 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 19 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 20 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 21 First time visiting Australia
- 22 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 23 Australia dollar
- 24 Australia - first time
- 25 Sydney airport