Reload this Page >

Which Harbour Cruise in Sydney?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Jon

Is there any cruise that you would recommend? Any cruise to stay away from?<BR><BR>We prefer cruise with a small number of people on board and inexpensive would be nice too.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 02:47 PM
john

Sydney ferries with a good guidebook and map...sit beside a local..act dumb....strike up a yarn...they will give you a fair dinkum travelogue.<BR><BR>In a day you should know the quay and harbour pretty well.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Aussie

Strike up a yarn......Talk to the people around you.<BR>Fair Dinkum....A true account...<BR><BR>Fair Dinkum Mate I tryed to chat up this Shella (female) & she told me to rack off...(get lost.)<BR><BR>In Australia we use an awful lot a slang language above is only a very very small example.<BR><BR>We also have a lot of different names for shops & clothes.<BR><BR>The Chemist is U.S. Drug store.<BR>Thongs are known as flip flops else where..<BR>Bathers, Cossie... are swim suits.<BR>I could continue on & on & I'm sure fellow Aussies / Ozzies will do this. Have a good day mate.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 06:09 PM
rhonda

I know there are going to be those who disagree with me here but I went on a Captain Cook morning tea cruise for about $25.00AUD which I'd recommend. Even though the boat was a like a tired old ferry the taped commentary was extremely informative. Having not grown up in Sydney I learnt a lot about its early history.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 03:02 PM
RickK

Just got back from Oz and can also recommend Captain Cook tea/coffee cruise. It's 2 1/2 hours long and just right for your first day there when you're dead tired anyway and don't want/need to be walking around. It's very informative. I almost had to drag my wife aboard when she heard it was 2 1/2 hrs. but afterward she agreed it was the best thing to do our first day there. It runs at 10:15 or 2:15

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Patti

Hi Jon<BR><BR>We actually found the ferry system at Circular quay to be the best and most informative way for us to get around. The people are very talkative so we learned much, heard of nice restaurants and additional places to go. All in all it was a very reasonable tour.