Reload this Page >

Which are the best travel books for FP?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 10:25 AM
K

Hi everyone, <BR>Hoping you can help me out here. I've heard the Lonely Planet book is a must have and I intend to purchase, but I get mixed results about Jan Prince's French Polynesia book. Is this one only good for restaurant reviews or will it tell me what not to waste my $ on? What other books do you recommend? I am looking for one that will tell me how to save $ (on a honeymoon if that's possible) how to go on tours without a guide and places to see and ones I can omit. <BR>Thanks everyone! <BR>K

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 09:14 AM
Kim

Hi, <BR> <BR>We used David Stanleys guide called Tahiti Handbook. He's all about saving money and likes the little out of the way places, but also discusses the more tourist driven areas. He gives lots of information for doing self-guided tours when you can. He's definitely opinionated about more than travel there and expresses that in his guide book - but we enjoyed it. We traveled on our own a lot. Have fun - it's a great honeymoon spot!

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Coral

I think that the Frommer's South Pacific Guide is one of the most unbiased books on the market for Tahiti . . . a close second is Tahiti & French Polynesia Guide by Jan Prince. <BR> <BR>SŐLACE Exclusive Destinations <BR>10625 North 25th Ave. #220 <BR>Phoenix, AZ 85029 <BR>Phone: 602.944.8080 Fax: 602.944.5411 <BR>Toll Free: 800.548.5331 <BR>E-mail: [email protected] <BR>http://www.solace1.com <BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 09:38 AM
Gail

I went to the library and checked out all I could find, then I bought Hidden Tahiti & French Polynesia by robert F. Kay Ulysses Press Berkeley, CA ISBN 1-56975-144-7.I like the color pictures as it helps give you a feel of what to expect.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 08:13 AM
gt

I have all three books and each one has good information on French Polynesia although I found myself referring back to Jan Prince's book the most.