Reload this Page >

Are there ferries from NZ to Australia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 01:51 AM
Arend

Hi there. I am planning to tour Australia and possibly New Zealand this summer and I am wondering if anyone knows about ferries going from New Zealand to Australia. Is it cheaper than flying? Any advice?

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 03:25 AM
madeinnz

As far as I know there are no commercial ferries operating between the 2 countries. Your only option is to fly.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 09:38 PM
Kay

I've never heard of a ferry on this route, I think the distance is too far with not enough traffic. You could check out a new airline on this route - Freedom Air. I think they are cheaper than the airlines that have been around a while. <BR>Kay

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 10:46 AM
Sarah

Hello, I would be great to have a ferry between the 2 countries, but as the previous lady said, check out Freedom Air, a big saving compared to the likes of Qantas and Air N.Z. Enjoy!

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 06:04 PM
mary

Someone told me today that there is a boat/ship that goes from Melbourne to Tasmania and to New Zealand.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 05:25 PM
Kay

There is a passenger/car ferry and also a faster catamaran service between Melbourne and Tasmania but I've never heard of it going to NZ. <BR>Kay