Which airline is best?

Nov 27th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Karol

Which airline is best?

Do you think New Zealand Air , United, or Quantas is the best to get to both Auckland and Sydney? Thanks!

Nov 27th, 2001, 04:35 PM
mal

Probably Qantas first, NZ second and United 3rd

Nov 27th, 2001, 05:21 PM
kathy

If price is a consideration, I found that a roundtrip Chicago-London and another roundtrip London-Perth had a huge savings VS Chicago-LA-Perth, like $1000 (US) cheaper! That will buy a bit of food & drink. It probably depends on your departure point. It's American to London and British Air the rest of the way tho might be partially operated by Qantas. Total fare=$1600 US.

Nov 30th, 2001, 03:12 AM
Jenny

I'd say Qantas, Qantas, Qantas .... all the way. New Zealand if you can't get Qantas, but I've flown tons with Q. and never had any problems - great service and even the occasional upgrade, but then, I do have the same surname as the other Aussie airline (until recently anyway), so maybe they just don't want a bad report.....!!

Dec 1st, 2001, 06:14 AM
Merriem

I have not flown Quantas, but Air New Zealand was much more attentive, and has a little more leg room than our flight on United. I vote for ANZ.

Dec 10th, 2001, 05:20 PM
LizF

Having just returned from the USA and travelling both ways on Air NZ this is my opinion now:

1/ Qantas
2/ United
3 - 51 just about any of the world's airlines other than NZ air.
I would have to rate NZ as poor because:
Food was terrible - we even got a plastic container for a breakfast which contained some inedible stuff. In the middle aisles we had no radio/lights/intercom/or TV and so 14 hours without being able to even read a paper is a pain. We were told something was seriously wrong with the electrics!
They still have the end of aisle TV so that only the very tall or the front row can see it. All in all it rates badly.

Dec 11th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Karol

Thanks everyone-We have booked Qantas! After reviewing all of your replies, I think we will enjoy the trip on Qantas.

Dec 11th, 2001, 03:58 PM
John

Does Qantas still supply a small kit with the blow up pillow and eye shields? If not I'll buy them b4 the trip. Thanks

Dec 11th, 2001, 04:07 PM
LizF

Air NZ did not supply any of those usual eye-pad, toothpaste and brush, ear-plugs, socks etc as of last night. I cannot tell you about Qantas but your best bet would be to email them and ask. I got supplied with those items from Cathy Pacific in August so it could be a recent cut back - who knows.

Dec 21st, 2001, 09:14 AM
Suzy

just flew Qantas to Auckland from LAX,then Sydney to LAX. They give you a zippered pack with toothbrush, toothpaste, eye mask, and a pair of socks. No blow up neck thing. But there are the movable "wings" on the headrests. If you want to get your meals served first, order a special meal - low-fat, diabetic or whatever. Usually fresher and better than the regular fare.

Dec 21st, 2001, 01:30 PM
poster

http://www.southpacific.org/air.html lists the routes of all airlines flying around the region and has links to their websites