Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Where do I leave my luggage whilst on overnight trips?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Sonia

Planning an overnight in Kakadu and Blue Mountains. Is there anywhere safe we can leave the bulk of our luggage (in Darwin and Sydney) while we're away?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:36 AM
luggage info

Sonia,<BR><BR>Do a "luggage" text search - there have been a few recent threads/postings on the Aus/Pacific site about just this very predicament! Good Luck!

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Sonia

Hi<BR><BR>I've done a search already, and only seem to come up with storage at airports and hotels. Is there anywhere public, where I can pay to store my luggage in the cities once I have checked out of the hotels?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Debbie

Hi Sonia--<BR>I'm sure if you ask the hotel that you're checking out of, they will allow you to store your bags w/them. I've done it several times w/o a problem.<BR><BR>Debbie

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Prue

Sonia,<BR>If you intend travelling by train or coach there is locker storage available underneath the Railway Terminal in Sydney. This is in the Coach Terminal itself. I imagine there is a charge but have no idea what it is.<BR>However, I have never had a problem with hotels storing luggage after I check out, sometimes for several days.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Sonia

Thanks.<BR><BR>I realise hotels store luggage on the day you check out, but didn't realise they would keep it for longer than that. I'll maybe contact the hotels and check.<BR><BR>Storage at the railway station sounds ideal too.<BR><BR>Thanks for the advice.<BR><BR>Sonia