Search

Welsh Rugby

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welsh Rugby

Mucky,
What a great result - all I can think of is how much of that beautiful singing must be going on during the matches.
Just one more time - fingers crossed!
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 01:21 AM

Thanks Prue,
Wales is buzzing at the moment all anyone talks about is rugby, it's really true that when Wales are succesful in either footie or rugby the whole of Wales smiles and sings..lol
Saturdays game will be immense, I think all the past results will count for nothing as Ireland are a great side who will go up at least 3 steps at the Millenium stadium. The only sad thing is that when Wales gets really hyped up into a frenzy about something like this it usually goes pear shaped. Lets hope that is not the case.
I will be in an Irish pub called 'small' O'neils before during and after the game if anyone wants to help me battle to the bar.

;-)

Muck

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

We spent some time in 'small O'Neils' during the World Cup - I remember it well!!
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 01:29 PM

Thats really strange, I was there last month when we hammered England and I really can't remember much about it at all..lol

I will have a drink on your behalf

Muck
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 02:51 PM

Old Mar 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM

Are any of you going to N.Z for the lions tour.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 01:14 AM

Hi clivchris,
I wish.....but unfortunately it's highly unlikely.
But I am confident there will be plenty of Welsh there.
The only Englishman is likely to be Clive woodward...lol

Muck
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 03:51 AM

Wales will do it again. I don't think Ireland stand a chance. Wales deserve every piece of this grand slam. Lets just hope they don't choke.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM

Well Cardiff is at fever pitch tonight, the city center is preparing for 75000 people in the Millenium stadium and 140000 outside. The Civic center which is about 500 yds from the stadium will have a huge screen on the lawn and the weather forecast is good.All the pubs are preparing to make a fortune and the Irish people are all preparing to win. The problem is I'm not so sure they will.. ;-)
Our under 21 team beat theirs tonight 32 -5 so its looking good so far.

I suspect that if I manage to get anywhere near a bar I may just have a beer or 2 tomorrow.
Good Luck Wales
The best side will win ( Wales of course...lol)

If I am still sober I will try to find my notebook and tell you all about it tomorrow.

Cymru am byth

Muckie
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 03:56 AM

Well what a day !
I and almost every other Welsh man and Woman in the world converged upon Cardiff, every pub was packed the lawn in the civic center was packed, the sun shone and it was a beautiful sunny even warm spring day.

And the result was just perfect, despite some 2nd half Irish pressure we finally did it !!!

Every Irish man and woman I spoke too in the pub were the nicest friendliest happiest bunch of people I could ever have wished to meet. Even in their loss they were full of congratulations for all the welsh and we all had a great time together.
I guess that's what its all about.

So today my head is pretty good, Mrs Muck and I stink of garlic after heading to the Taurus for the biggest steak I have ever seen in my life.

My thanks to my Irish friends who were in small O'neils pub, you were the best.
Well done Wales..We did it !!!!!
Grand slam, triple crown, and a song or two from Max Boyce to start it all off....
The whole of Wales is smiling today.
I have just been to the shops and so many people are still wearing their rugby shirts (most with beer stains down the front) I am sure they will never take them off....lol
Muck
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 11:56 AM

Congratulations Muck.

Good on Wales. Look forward to seeing a few Welshmen over here in June and July with the Lions.

Hope the celebrations went well, the singing was strong and the heads are not too sore.

Steve
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Well done Mucky - what a great result - and as I said before I can just imagine how wonderful the singing was - or still is!!
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 05:26 PM

Wow - well done for Wales - it doesn't get any better than this!

Cardiff - back then there was a time when someone's grey haired granny gave John Eales the World Cup!
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Margo, Not much singing to be heard then!!
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 12:08 AM

John who......?

;-)
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 01:18 AM

Woohoo, go the Welsh! What a fantamatastical result!! My 87 year old dad launched into a pretty great rendition of 'Dear Land of My Fathers' in honour of the win. My brother and sister-in-law, who live in Gloucestershire and have come back to NZ for 2 months holiday, were also full of excitement at the news of the win.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 09:00 PM

Prue

No - Aussies are not great singers!

Mucky:
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:47 AM

Congrats Mucky. I arrived back in Dublin yesterday (was in Milan) to a very disapointed Ireland. They have a knack for kidding themselves. Very proud they are. They honestly thought they'd win.

Last year when they came 2nd in the 6 nations ppl were claiming France and Ireland were the best 2 teams in the world. That was funny...

Only a few days ago Irish people I know were saw France as a bigger threat. 'We only need to beat Wales by 10 points' they'd say =) They were worried France would beat Italy by too much and take the 6N away from them. =)

Anyway, after seeing Wales come very close to beating England in the world cup I knew they had a lot of potential. They had a lot of class but were lacking the experience needed to win games. 2 years on they have that experience.

So good on ya! Excellent performance, Wales has earned every bit of this Grand Slam/Tripple Crown/Six Nations tournament.

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:18 AM

Thanks all for your kind words.
Wales really must build upon this success, the side is young the under 21 side is doing well this leads to a great future hopefully. If we can get 11 or 12 players in the Lions squad for NZ that will be tremendous experience.I suspect though that Mr Woodward will fill the squad with his English friends, lets hope not.
Here is a link to a BBC story, which really shows what this success means to a small country like Wales.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/4366299.stm

Cheers

Muck
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:28 PM

Next big game at Cardiff - the Wallabies are coming - World Cup 2007!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -