Search

Wedding in Fiji

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2000, 04:00 PM
David Peterson

Wedding in Fiji

I was wondering if anyone has been married in Fiji, where they did it, and what the experience was like. My finance and I would really like to get married in Fiji. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>David Peterson

Old Mar 11th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Louise

We were staying at two different resorts two years ago at which there was a wedding. One was Matamanoa and the other was Matangi. They were quite beautiful with lots of flowers and of course were quite entertaining to all of us obeservers. I would think you could just contact the individual resorts for details.

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 09:44 PM
Dave

My wife and I just witnessed two weddings on Mystery Island as part of the Captain Cook Cruise on the MV Reef Escape. In fact my wife offered (and they accepted) to be the official photographer for one of them! They both took place on the Tuesday (first) evening of a four (optional 7) night cruise at the first stop, a couple hours out of Denarau Marina. My recollection was that the cost ranged from a few hundred dollars for one to more than double that for the "all inclusive" with cake, flowers, photographer etc. Fijian Singers joined the minister, captain and crew for the cerimony while many of us snorkeled. I don't have the details on the paper work I'm afraid but I suggest you contact the cruise line. It was very romantic and I would recommend the whole cruise. Cheers. <BR> <BR>Dave

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 03:47 PM
thomas stilinovich

my wife and I were *planning* to get married in fiji however pregnancy got in the way : ) we have been to fiji over a half dozen times however and seen a few weddings in our time. <BR>just about every resort will organise a wedding for you nowadays. they range as previosuly mentioned from a relatively cheap minister and champagne deal to a full wedding in traditional fijian garb etc. somewhere between the two is probably best as the traditional thing can be a bit over the top. I think the fijian resort quoted us a few hundred bucks for a minister, 3 fijian serenaders, about 50 photos and album and a bottle of champagne and dinner in their best restaurant. <BR>most travel agents can organise it for you however you will usually pay extra. if you go to the following site <BR>http://www.bulafiji.com/activity/weddings/accom.shtml <BR>you can see some of the resorts that do weddings. the email address will be towards the end of the page and you can contact the resort directly. <BR> <BR>in fact the site www.bulafiji.com is an excellent starting place for all your travel questions about fiji. <BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 08:49 AM
test

test