web sites for hotels

Jan 16th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

web sites for hotels

Besides wotif.com and ratestogo.com, are there any other web sites good for booking hotels in Australia? I don't want to wait until the last minute to make reservations for my trip Nov. 16-28 and find hotels are all full. Is there a local Ausralian chain of moderate priced hotels around the country?
Jan 16th, 2006, 11:35 AM

susiesan, is there a reason why you've posted the same question twice?
Jan 16th, 2006, 11:45 AM

Sorry, my last post probably sounded terser than it was meant. Maybe a hint instead - if you feel that your question hasn't attracted enough attention and will sink into oblivion, just reply to yourself and type "ttt" (to the top) or "topping". This will bring it back to to the top of the list.

November is not school holiday time, so if it were me I'd feel pretty safe in booking 2-3 weeks in advance - but then, I've never booked any further out than that for anywhere. If you have your heart set on a particular hotel you might be more cautious.
Jan 17th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Neil: it appeared my original post had been removed for some reason, so I asked again. I specifically planned my trip to be there when the kiddies were in school. As someone who lives in Oz you would know if a 28 day booking will do it. I could always make a conventional reservation with a hotel that doesn't require a deposit and cancel in plenty of time if I'm able to get the accomodations I want witin a 1 month before trip timeframe.
Jan 18th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Jed

I haven't been to Australia, but based on my experience in NZ I would offer this advice.

As soon as you find the hotel you want, check out the cancellation policies, and if you can can cancel easily, make a reservation. Then you can check again as you get closer to your time.

A reservation in the 'bush' now is worth 2 in the 'bush' later.
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM

http://www.hotels.com.au/

I've booked a few hotels with them. Also, expedia.ca or expedia.com have hotels in Australia.

I'm currently booking hotels for my trip in August and I've used both. Also, check out trip advisor to see hotel comments. Some that are cheap, are cheap for a reason. Go to the actual hotels sights as well; sometimes they are cheaper than the so-called discount sites.
Jan 18th, 2006, 02:40 PM

I posted this response on your previous thread, but here you go:

www.greatplacestostay.com.au

www.totaltravel.com.au

www.travelmate.com.au

www.cottages.com.au

www.accommodationguide.com.au

www.stayz.com.au

I've found these sites helpful in planning my upcoming trip to Australia.