Hotel "Wait List?"

Jul 5th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Hotel "Wait List?"

Hi,

For the first time in my years of traveling, I am being put on a "wait list" at a small hotel that I'd like to stay in. I'm just wondering how this works -- I mean, either they have the space or they don't, right? What exactly is it that the hotel is waiting for?

Thanks for any insight,
Jul 5th, 2003, 04:19 PM

Hi as a former manager of a small hotel, this is the way it works, many persons make reservations but cancel or change them all the time, it is bound to happen, so when the hotel has a free room for any of those reasons, the hotel can call you and let you know of the recent available facility .....OK?
Jul 5th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

yes, graziella, it's OK....

I'm just a traveler who's never heard of this before and just wondered what it meant for me exactly, OK?
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:08 PM

It's hard to say, but I've seen people on this very site who say they have reservations at two (or three or four) hotels, asking for help making their decision. Personally, I think your decision should be made before you book a room.

So, I guess what I am saying is that there are those people who book several places and then cancel, so maybe you have a chance.
Jul 5th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

LV Sue,

Thanks for your response. I'm with you -- just make a decision and book. I've never made reservations at 2 or more places at once like that!!

Anyway, not holding out much hope at this point. I've been waitlisted for about 2 weeks now and I suppose it's time to start looking for alternatives...unfortunately none of the other spots in the region I'm visiting hold a candle to this place.......
Jul 5th, 2003, 06:42 PM

Hi TerriT, I think you're correct to move on to another hotel choice. It's a chance you're taking by waiting for this hotel to contact you and it's not a certainty. In the meantime, you're losing time in making an alternate reservation. I'm sure you will stay at a hotel that's just as nice as this one.