Search

Tahiti more things to do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 09:10 AM
hannahmay

Tahiti more things to do?

I want to go to Fiji. However my boyfriend says Tahiti has more to do (outside the obvious of water sports etc) true or not? Thank you for your help.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 08:32 AM
ms_shera

I don't know if this will help or not. I was in Fiji years ago and Tahiti (Moorea) this past year. I feel that French Polynesia has more options for the kind of vacation you may be looking for. Fiji felt much smaller. French Polynesia is very expensive, a can of pop was $3.00 us. But Moorea was so beautiful!

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 08:37 AM
LordBalfor

Note to Hannahmay:<BR>If you choose to go to French Polynesia, do NOT just see the island of Tahiti. The other islands (Moorea, Bora Bora etc.) have far superior beaches.<BR><BR>Ken

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 02:37 PM
ALF

Personally, I think that Fiji has more different and varied things to do, compared to French Polynesia. There are more and larger islands closer to each other, and there is a far larger range of accomodations. Maybe the only thing French Poly has going for it is generally better beaches, but you can find them too in Fiji. If you just stick to main islands, you will be much happier on Fiji's Viti Levu than you will be on French Poly's Tahiti.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Theresa

Here's some info on Tahiti.<BR><BR>We used Pleasant Holidays for our trip and they provided a list of day trips and other things to do while we were there. We loved driving the mopeds around Moorea and seeing all the sites and meeting the people, seeing the waterfalls, etc. There were also jet ski tours to private islands, shark feeding was everyone was amazed with, swimming with the dolphins, jungle tours, etc. <BR><BR><BR>HOTELS <BR>Best Breakfast: Hotel Bora Bora, Bora Bora <BR>Best Dinner: Hotel Bora Bora, Bora Bora <BR>Best Overwater Bungalow: Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora <BR>Best Beach Bungalow: Le Meridien, Bora Bora / Pearl Beach, Tikehau <BR>Best Garden Bungalows: Pearl Beach, Bora Bora <BR>Best Bathrooms: Le Meridien, Bora Bora <BR>Best Bungalow Interior: Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora / Le Meridien, Bora Bora / Hotel Bora Bora, Bora Bora <BR>Best Sun Decks: Sofitel, Moorea / Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora <BR>Best Pool: Pearl Beach, Bora Bora <BR>Best Happy Hour: Te Tiare, Huahine <BR>Best Snorkeling: Pearl Beach, Manihi / Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora <BR>Best Star Gazing: Kia Ora Sauvage, Rangiroa / Pearl Beach, Manihi <BR>Best Water/Lagoon: Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora / Le Meridien, Bora Bora / Pearl Beach, Bora Bora <BR>Best Beach: Le Meridien, Bora Bora / Relais Mahana, Huahine <BR>Best Honeymoon Hotel: Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora / Beachcomber InterContinental, Moorea <BR>Best Views: Sheraton, Moorea / Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora / Le Meridien, Bora Bora <BR>Best Small Hotel: Les Tipaniers, Moorea / Eden Beach, Bora Bora <BR>Best Service: Hotel Bora Bora, Bora Bora / <BR>Best Landscaping: Hotel Bora Bora, Bora Bora / Beachcomber InterContinental, Moorea <BR>Best Cocktails: Le Meridien, Tahiti / Hotel Bora Bora, Bora Bora <BR>Best Place for Privacy: Kia Ora Sauvage, Rangiroa / Pearl Beach, Tikehau <BR>Best Polynesian Show: Beachcomber InterContinental, Tahiti <BR>Best Fish Feeding From your Bungalow: Pearl Beach, Manihi / Pearl Beach, Tikehau <BR>Best Lagoon Viewing Table/Panels: Le Meridien, Bora Bora <BR>Best Meal Plan: Hotel Bora Bora, Bora Bora <BR>Best Sunrise Viewing: Sofitel, Moorea <BR>Best Sunset Viewing: Te Tiare, Huahine <BR>Best Overall Atmosphere: Kia Ora Sauvage, Rangiroa / Sofitel Motu, Bora Bora <BR>Best On Site Dive Company: Pearl Beach, Manihi <BR>Best Place To Relax: Kia Ora Sauvage, Rangiroa / Pearl Beach, Tikehau <BR><BR>ISLANDS (general) <BR>Best Sunrise: East Side of Moorea <BR>Best Sunset: West Side of Huahine <BR>Best Jeep Safari Excursion: Tahiti Full Day Jeep Safari / Moorea Half Day Jeep Safari <BR>Best Shark Feeding Excursion: Moorea <BR>Best Grocery: Chez Toa, Moorea <BR>Best Diving: Rangiroa / Manihi / Tikehau <BR>Best Coral Gardens: Manihi <BR>Best Snorkeling: Manihi <BR>Best Bar: Bloody Mary's, Bora Bora <BR>Best Restaurant- Moorea: Te Honu Iti (Chez Rodger) / Le Linareva ("Le Bateau") <BR>Best Restaurant- Bora Bora: Top Dive / Hotel Bora Bora <BR>Best Restaurant- Tahiti: Lotus Restaurant at Beachcomber InterContinental <BR>Best Star Gazing: Rangiroa / Manihi <BR>Best Lagoon: Bora Bora <BR>Best Beaches: Tikehau <BR>Best Free Activity: Juice Factory "tasting tour", Moorea <BR>Best Village: Tefarerii, Huahine <BR>Best Flora and Fauna: Huahine <BR>Best Mountains: Moorea <BR>Best Bay: Opunohu, Moorea / Bai Bourayne, Huahine <BR>Best Mountain Peak: Mou'a Puta, Moorea <BR>Best Surfing: Huahine <BR>Best Lookout Point: Belvedere point 1km north of Tefarerii, Huahine <BR>Best Island for Relaxing: Rangiroa / Tikehau <BR>Best Tour Guides: Albert Tours, Moorea <BR>Best Poisson Cru: Le Cocotier, Moorea <BR>Best Place to Buy Black Pearls: Ron's on Moorea <BR>Best Small Island: Tikehau <BR>Best Flower: Porcelain Rose <BR>Best Airline to Tahiti: Air New Zealand <BR>Best Excursions: Full Day Jeep Safari on Tahiti / Shark and Ray Feeding On Moorea <BR>Best Dive Company: Manihi Blue, Manihi / Top Dive, Bora Bora <BR><BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:57 AM
FijiMore

HI<BR><BR>I think that there are a wide variety of choices for natural excursions - hikes and waterfalls on Fiji than on the islands of Tahiti.<BR><BR>There are more "structured" "touristy" things to do- shark dives, etc. in Tahiti.<BR><BR>It depends on your nature. In Fiji you can take a 4 day cruise through the Blue Lagoons islands. You can fly to far flung places and explore a lot in a short time.<BR><BR>On Tahiti the prices are much higher and the real "activities" have all been planned for tourism. It is a matter of taste.<BR>