Search

Sydney Tower Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:28 PM
Sandy

Sydney Tower Restaurant

Hi - I'm almost packed already!!! One week to go. One of the "optionls" offered by the tour company is dinner at the Sydney Tower Restaurant. What is it and is it a place to go? We're not doing any of the other "optionals" with the tour company. We have our own itinerary...thanks to this board. We do have to eat though. What do you say??? ( It's $38 US per person. )

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
Alan

Hi, Sandy!<BR>The food at this restaurant almost always gets a strong thumbs-down from contributors to this forum. The view, however, is very nice. But there's a viewing tower which you can get up to independently for a few Aussie dollars (it's either the floor below or the floor above). $US38 is a lot of money in Australia -- about $70 -- and for not much more than that you can climb the Harbour Bridge! I guess I am telling you to forget it and spend your eating money on a better experience.<BR>Hope this helps.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 02:41 AM
Paul S

Hi Sandy,<BR><BR>The all you can eat buffet restaurant is absolutely attrocious and nothing more than pig swill and I am not over stating that.<BR><BR>However the Al-a-carte restaurant is not bad and I have eaten there on numerous occasions, the difference between the two restaurants is enormous. On the down side for you is that your tour will invariable be offering the all you can eat buffet restaurant.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>Paul S

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Sandy

Hi Alan and Paul,<BR> Thanks SO much for your answers. We'll skip it. We don't need the tower for the view...we've already booked the BridgeClimb. Our money will be much better spent eating elsewhere. You all have given me such great advice.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:14 PM
margo

I agree - don't bother with the Sydney Tower restaurant.<BR><BR>For BIG money eating with a great view - Forty One. Food is fantastic.<BR><BR>For more reasonable money food with view - Summit Restaurant, Australia Square.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 04:03 PM
tjc

A dinner suggestion?-a somewhat relaxed atmosphere,almost jovial, is Lord Nelson's down near The Rocks/new ballet theatre. Bring your appetite to try the Ploughmans' Platter!