Sydney: recommend tour and hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in Sydney for 3 days before a cruise. We want to stay in Circular Quay area. Any thought about Marriott or Hyatt with Harbor view? We would like day tours of Sydney and surrounding areas. Thoughts? Going in December
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 01:02 AM

Rarely stay in hotels in Sydney as so & family now live across the water in Fairlight/Manly. Circular Quay is a great location. I know both those pies and I think the Hyatt would be way more expensive. When faced with that sort of choice I usually end up picking a higher grade room in the cheaper place, hopefully with executive floor access - for me free sundowners overlooking the bridge /opera house would be a no brainer!
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 02:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
The Park Hyatt is a much better hotel than the Marriott. So is Four Seasons, also just off Circular Quay. Another alternative you may like to consider is Pullman Grand Quay, which is located in Circular Quay, footsteps from the Opera House.

if you are looking for the iconic Harbour Bridge and Opera House view, look at Shangri La, Quay West. Some rooms at Four Seasons may have views of both.

Pullman Quay Grand and Quay West are apartment hotels, something we do very well in Australia and particularly in Sydney. Gives you the convenience of laundry & kitchen facilities in the apartment and more space than a hotel room.

www.booking.com will give you properties, locations amd prices for your specific dates. I usually use it for reference and book direct with the property

Is your cruise departing from Circular Quay or White Bay? If White Bay, closest hotels would be
Four Seasons, Pullman Quay Grand, Park Hyatt.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 02:29 PM

We stayed at Rydges in the Rocks. Walking distance to the ship for boarding.
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 09:31 PM

The Park Hyatt is far superior to the Marriott.

Other hotels and apartment hotels ( which we do particularly well in Australia and specifically in our Capital cities)around Circular Quay include:
Four Seasons
Pullman Quay Grand
ShangriLa
Quay West

Have a look at Booking.com for properties, locations & prices for your dates.

Remember - in Australia, the price you see is the price you pay for accommodation. No sneaky taxes added at the cash register like the US! And you don’t have to tip anyone either.

Cone back & ask anything you like when you’re refining your choices.
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 01:33 PM

Hello. We are travelling to Sydney in April, have booked the lord nelson pub because of location but I am now worried that it won’t be very comfortable and might be noisy we are flying from London n stops. I can only see reviews o pub not the accommodation
Any advice?
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 02:21 PM

Hello londonbug
Here's the website for the Lord Nelson accommodation: https://www.lordnelsonbrewery.com/accommodation/
I would contact them direct with any concerns you may have. I recall visitors staying there some years ago and they liked it.

Without knowing your exact dates or budget (in AUD), it's not really possible to make recommendations.
However, you could check Booking.com - use your specific dates and list "Sydney CBD" as your search location.
Note: Saturday nights are usually more expensive than others.

Come back with a short-list of places you think might work for you and we'll be happy to comment on them.
Here's a map of Sydney and a link to Visit Sydney, which might be useful. Sydney map:

https://goo.gl/maps/PFmeA45BAKXruh4F8

Visit Sydney: https://www.sydney.com/