Search

Sydney pubs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sydney pubs

Thought I read somewhere about a pub tour in Sydney. Would love to hear if anyone has heard/seen or vaguely remembers being on one. Looking forward to checking out the coldies. Cheers!
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:43 PM

There was a post within the last couple of weeks detailing a Pub Tour in Sydney - if you scroll down you should find it - it has got past the first 50 but shouldn't be much further than that.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:39 PM

If you can't find an actual pub tour - Sydney is the ideal one to set up a Pub Crawl yourself. Balmain is perfect.

Catch the ferry to East Balmain Wharf. Walk up the hill and bang! straight into the Commercial Hotel, a bit further up the hill and you're at the London, then you can do the Unity Hall, the Town Hall, the Royal Oak, the Riverview, the Exchange, Dicks and the Welcome before catching a cab back to your hotel. Of course if you're really keen there's the Dry Dock, The Sacksville, The Cat and the Fiddle, The Bald Rock, the William Wallace and The Monkey Bar (which isn't really a pub - more a club lounge), all within staggering distance. For a history of any of the pubs just ask the locals.

For meals along the way - the Town Hall, Exchange, Riverview, Sacksville, Dry Dock, Commercial, The Welcome, The Royal Oak and Bald Rock all have pretty good food.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 07:38 AM

I was the poster so you can click on my Author tag and see the Trip Report Post about Sydney and the information is in there.

I went on it . . . if the Trip Report doesn't have enough detail let me know and I'd be happy to answer additional questions!!

Dawn
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you one and all! I will print this out and take the info. with me. Doesn't sound like Sydney is lacking at all in this department!