Sydney B&B & Daytrips?

Jan 8th, 2002, 09:07 AM
spud

Sydney B&B & Daytrips?

We'll be in Sydney for a week in March and would like a recommendation for a centrally located B&B or hotel, under $100.
Also, does anyone have any suggestions for day trips out of Sydney? Thanks.

Jan 8th, 2002, 10:54 AM
LizF

I hope you are talking about $100US because I doubt you would get a B&B for under $100 Au - or hotel for that matter.
Sydney has a good web-site so if you do a search click on accommodation. Can't answer you until the above is clarified.

Jan 8th, 2002, 12:39 PM
anonymous

yes, I meant US$100.

Jan 8th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Lizf

Try this for some apartment hotels
http://www.sydney-hotels.net/
and try this for B&B's
www.babs.com.au
Try this for a site with standby rates ( should still be available when you come)
www.wotif.com
You want:
Potts Point
Darling Harbour
Kings Cross ??
City
Paddington
Surry Hills
Balmain
Glebe
The Rocks ****** best area
Good Luck

Jan 10th, 2002, 12:42 AM
lcuy

Spud-We loved this place:
http://www.bbsydneyharbour.com.au/
Last June it was AUS $165 for our room and AUS$145 for our kids' room on the same floor. Included full english breakfast, and all the amenities you expect in a B&B. It is right in the Rocks, next to the ANA hotel. They even gave us access to the hotel spa and pool. Manly beach, via hydrofoil ferry was a nice trip even though it was winter when we were there.

Jan 10th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Dick

We stayed at a fabulous B&B about two hours south of Sydney( In case you wanted to combine your day trip with another place to stay) http://www.woodbyne.com.au/

We went there immediately after arriving from the States(East Coast)..gave us a chance to unwind and see an area that didn't have as many tourists. The area was reccomended to us by a local in Sydney who said thats where Sydneysiders go for weekends.

Jan 10th, 2002, 06:57 AM
spud

Thanks everyone, Hey fodoraddict! I think the B&B you recommended sounds great. Do you think it would be advisable to have a room with a/c in March?

Jan 11th, 2002, 11:39 PM
lcuy

Spud- it was nice! You know, I think our room had an A/C, but we were there in early June, so it was winter by then! The owners of the B&B were nice too...got us free tickets to a rugby game when we showed some interest, and were really helpful in recomending good restaraunts and shopping. They thought we were an odd family...my husband bought a bamboo surfboard to carry back to Hawaii, we loved the Rugby game, and one highlight of Sydney (in our daughters opinion) was waiting 3 hours at the movie theatre to meet X-Files star David Duchovony!

Jan 12th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Spud

Thanks again lcuy, I just booked two nights in the Bligh room for March. The location looks perfect.

Jan 15th, 2002, 04:16 PM
ash

I found this company to be really helpfull.... they may be able to help you. not sure what their phone number is, however their website is www. trekaustralia.com.au or without the .au (I think)

Jan 15th, 2002, 06:55 PM
mina

Hey Spud...

The B&B Sydney harbour is good choice and a great value. I stayed there this past Nov. I stayed in the Barton room which was very large...but noisy because the highway/freeway/whatever you call it weaves around right next to the B&B.

The Bligh room is fine...I got to see it because it was right next to my room...I think the two rooms share a bathroom. It was considerably smaller than the room I stayed in..but I doubt it would be as noisy.

The location is great..and Jan cooks a good breakfast. Have fun!