Reload this Page >

Suggestions for Australia trip needed!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 1998, 11:48 PM
Steven

Hi! I'm going to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne in late June. I'll be staying for a week in each place. This is the second time I have been to these three places and this time I wish for something different from the normal tourist attractions.Any suggestions? Also, I wish to go to the Blue Mountains taking a train from Sydney but how do I go to the bushwalking tracks, the Three Sisters,the Grove Leap from the Katoomba train station and Wentworth falls. Thanks.

Old Jun 11th, 1998, 06:36 PM
rochelle

im not sure what your interests are, who youre travelling with...etc. but i live in sydney, and i can think of a couple of things you may like to do..but maybe they wont interest you. <BR> <BR>rollerblading at manly beach, jazz clubs, revolving restaurant at the top of centrepoint- best meat pie shop in redfern (aussie icon) there are some great beaches north of sydney- but being winter, you probably wont be swimming. <BR> <BR>brunswick street in melbourne is great to just go and watch the world pass by in a warm cafe <BR> <BR>enjoy your trip <BR> <BR>if you have any more specific questions- email me

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 04:11 AM
Alistair

I currently a Canadian living in Melbourne, and must say Australia is a fantastic place to live/visit. If your spending time in Melbourne, be sure to visit St. Kilda, Brunswick St., and South Yarra. <BR> <BR>A drive down the Great Ocean Road if a great experience. Stop in Lorne to visit some great waterfalls in by back woods.... great experience. <BR> <BR>Also, Healsville Sanctuary is worth the trip, since you can take photos of yourself petting kangaroos and koalas.... <BR>

Old Jun 14th, 1998, 01:04 PM
Harry

What time in June well you be in Brisbane are you male or female. what are you looking for here do you only wan't to stay in BRISBANE? Or would you like to travel by private car to visite places within 100 klm of BRISBANE ? I am a retired Man with a late model HYHUNDI Sprint Car and if you are interisted in outings it will only cost you for fuel ect I know most place of interest with low cost entery fee . <BR>

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 08:57 AM
Donna

Dear Alistar: Am coming to Melbourne for 1st time 7/14. Part business/part vacation. Business at IBM show in exhibit hall. Have a tour package deal that puts me in Swanson Hotel. Tour operator indicates a 4-star, but it is not listed in Fodor's. Do you know it? Any recommendations? I know the Windsor and it sounds delightful, but a bit pricey and not allowed in tour package. Is Swanson nice? THanks so much for your ime to reply soonest. I have to make a quick decision here! <BR>Donna

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 08:58 AM
Donna

Dear Alistar: Am coming to Melbourne for 1st time 7/14. Part business/part vacation. Business at IBM show in exhibit hall. Have a tour package deal that puts me in Swanson Hotel. Tour operator indicates a 4-star, but it is not listed in Fodor's. Do you know it? Any recommendations? I know the Windsor and it sounds delightful, but a bit pricey and not allowed in tour package. Is Swanson nice? THanks so much for your ime to reply soonest. I have to make a quick decision here! <BR>Donna

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 10:14 AM
Kelsey Amos

Hello, I'm 18 yr.'s old and will be traveling to Australia with a friend in Nov. I am looking for information on hot spots, things that are a must see and do, things to avoid and things out of the way/unusual things travelers might not know about. Please write or e-mailme. All info., is welcome.

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 09:51 PM
kristina

Hi! I am a 19 yr old F who will be coming to Australia for 2 months in early Sept. We are considering the "Oz Experience" bus tour, would you recommend it? We want to both have a good time and see the sights. We will most likely be travelling from Sydney to Cairns, any suggestions?(What to see,etc.) Any info is appreciated, please e-mail me.