Spit Bridge-Manly walk

Jan 14th, 2003, 07:17 PM
leniram

Spit Bridge-Manly walk

For those who did the Manly Scenic walk:

What are your best memories during the walk?

Jan 14th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Prue

As an Australian who has done the walk - I would say the overall impression is of the wonderful scenery - around each bend it seems you get to see something more beautiful.
The best memory is certainly the pleasure at finally reaching Manly and settling in for a long liquid lunch at a nice restaurant on the pier!

Jan 15th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Patrice

I would say the beautiful secluded beaches. We wish we would have known about them and we would have worn a bathing suit and brought lunch so we could stop along they way and enjoy the beaches. It was hard to believe the beauty and tranquility of the area that was not far out of the city.

Jan 18th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Jonno

I would put this walk in my top ten things to do in Sydney......although it must be said that it is a very long walk (about 7km)
Just love those secluded little beaches that you can visit along the way!!

Jan 19th, 2003, 01:59 AM
Lindsey

Agree with the above. This is an absolute MUST DO to really get a good overview of the harbor and its many beautiful nooks and crannies. However, is actually a 10k walk, not 7. (I have done it 4 times.) That's ok...you will be so taken with the scenery, you will not realize how far you have walked. My 8 year old did it last year without any problems. Just take plenty of water, energy snacks, film and depending on time of year, bug repellant.

Jan 19th, 2003, 06:48 AM
kh

Probably 60% of this walk - which is fabulous - is on unpaved, rough tracks. If your energy and time are limited, take the ferry to Manly. When you exit the terminal take a left turn and begin walking on a sidewalk which leads toward the sealife center and then around the foreshore. This paved area ends in a couple miles so you can retrace your steps back to the ferry terminal. Then you can cross the street to the corso and get a bite to eat before heading onward to the beach. Walk to your right at the beach and you can go another mile or so on paved - and pretty popular - walkways.
Bye.

Jan 20th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Allan

Spit Bridge - Manly walk
Would you please send details/route of the walk.