Search

Sidney > Port Douglas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Pablo Durissimo

Sidney > Port Douglas

I will be going to Sidney next week and will be in Australia for two weeks only. I have already bought a boomerang pass to go from Sidney to Hobart and back. (I believe I have the option to make some chages, like I could ask them to go from Hobart to Cairns and then to Sidney. ) I'd like to go to Port Douglas also. I assume I'd have to fly into Cairns first and then what would be the most feasible/smartest way to go to PD? (I could not stay more than 1 or two days there). Would anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive vehicle to rent there and an inexpensive place to stay in PD? (I'll go by myself). <BR><BR>Pablo Durissimo

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:33 AM
Debbie

Hi-<BR>You don't have to rent a car to get to Pt. Douglas because shuttle services go from Cairns Airport to the various Port Douglas hotels several times of day. Coral Coaches is one. <BR><BR>I stayed at the Portsea and liked it but would venture to say it's moderately priced, not inexpensive. I paid $130A/night for a standard room.<BR><BR>Try to stay at least 2 days in Port D; there's tons to do around there! I had a blast in Port Douglas and met some really fun people but don't go there expecting it to have the nightlife of a big city. <BR><BR>It's a cute town in a special part of the world! <BR><BR>Have a great time,<BR>Debbie

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:20 AM
jay

I believe th youth hostel there is good. You do not have to be a youth to stay there as they also cater to families.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 04:06 PM
caro

Hi there, Dougies backpacker Resort is fantastic and not expensive. They have hammocks, a tour desk, a great kitchen and groovy bar.<BR>They are located in Davidson Street Port Douglas.<BR>Cheers

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Pablo

Thank you very much!