Sheraton/Castaway in Fiji

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheraton/Castaway in Fiji

I'm interested in opinions on this resort.<BR>We are currently booked at Malolo Resort, but would consider changing. I know the<BR>Sheraton is a little pricier, but I'm willing to upgrade if it is worth it.<BR>Thanks for any input.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:29 AM

If you are talking about Sheraton on Denarau Island (which is a small bridge from the main island) I would avoid it. We stayed a couple nights there between resorts and did not like it. There are 300+ rooms that border on the port. The water is ugly and beach is very small. The pool is always crowded and there's not much to do.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:56 PM

I agree - only stay in or near Nadi for flight connections etc. Try for one of the islands in the Mamanucas - Tokoriki, Matamanoa. Castaway Island is not part of the Sheraton group. It's okay - but is one of the bigger resort islands (more rooms),
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 02:16 PM

Hi: I am considering going to Fiji from NZ around May 27 and a local (USA)aussie travel agent has recommended the Sonaisali Island resort @$1044 US for 6 nights. Supposedly, it is a separate island from the mainland (3 min by water launch). The airfare seemed high, 650 US rt auckland before I return to the States. Hope this is helpful. I havent researched this much but Fiji seemed less costly than Cook Islands. Good luck. Johanna
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 12:07 PM

I can't really comment on the air fare (as I'm from Aust) - but it seems about right. We're going to FIji again in July and the airfare is just on $A1000. I can give you a little info on Sonaisali. It is seperate from the mainland - but it will not be the 'full' island experience. It's a very nice resort as far as accom and pool goes - but there is no nice beach, no good snorkelling or diving etc. It does however have the benefit of being close to the mainland if you want to do things there. You may want to split your time between Sonaislai and another island.
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 04:09 PM

for anyone who is interested<BR>sonasali is getting really bad feedback<BR>lately on the rob kay bulletin board, check out this link to a site that gives recent honest views of solisali<BR><BR><BR> www.pac-manager.com/fiji<BR>