Search

Wotif.com?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wotif.com?

Has anyone used this website to book hotel accomadation? Any problem? Would you recomend this website? I've heard that when you try to book on Expedia/Travelocity they increase the price when they confirm the resevartion. Has this happened to anyone who has used www.wotif.com?
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 05:17 PM
LN

Hi<BR><BR>I've used Expedia quite easily with no additional charges when the reservation was confirmed. Their site is very user friendly. I've also used Wotif and Needitnow in Australia and New Zealand for last minute reservations. I had no problems with them at all and will use them again (hopefully when I can book a ticket for 2004)<BR><BR>It was my opinion, not necessarily correct, that Wotif and Needitnow are for last minute openings at lower prices. I didn't try to use Expedia for any OZ or NZ reservations, I've used it only for stateside travel.
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 05:50 PM

I have used Wotif extensively and also advertised my own B&amp;B with them when I had one and always they were spot on. <BR>10 days ago I used it in Adelaide and had absolutely no problem. <BR>
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 06:43 PM

I have used wotif.com and had no problems with them. Their displayed price includes tax, whereas Expedia and Travelocity only display the base price initially; the tax and service charges are added on after you indicate you want to buy (but before you enter your credit card information). Perhaps this is what someone meant when they said &quot;they increase the price when they confirm the reservation&quot;
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 01:27 PM

I can thoroughly recommend Wotif. We use them every time we are able to get away from our B&amp;B - and when guests book with us through Wotif we find them extremely professional, friendly and efficient. And they are VERY strict about making sure that the rates offered are genuine!
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:55 PM

I have used wotif very frequently &amp; have had no problems.