Restaurants/Bistros - Glen Waverley

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

JohnFitz, hope you're out there because I need your good advice, please. (And everyone else, too of course - just looking for Fitz as he & I seem to like the same places

I need to take some clients to lunch next Wednesday - somewhere close to Mulgrave Nth.

Someone suggested Mocha Jo's and an (un-named) Italian place at Glen Waverley. Doesn't have to be OTT ritzy, and any cusine is fine ... just looking for something casual & interesting.

BTW - I'll be in "your town" Friday - Wednesday (Caulfield Cup). Would be fun to meet up with you if you're around & there's an opportunity.
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about http://www.oztravel.com.au/travel_ma...WhWheeler.html
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 12:17 AM

You will be hard put to find anything ritzy in Glen Waverley or nearby. It is right in the middle of the suburbs. I think the Italian place might have been Fedele's at 460 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley. See www.fedeles.com.au.
I have eaten there once and was quite happy with it. It is not something I would be choosing for a special occasion but the food and service were quite good on that occasion. I think it would pass the mark as being a reasonable place to take a client.

There is a Novotel Hotel at Glen Waverley which of course has a restaurant, but I have never eaten at it. Link to have a look is www.novotelglen.com.au/eat.html

Another possibility is Oliver's at the Clarion Hotel in Forest Hill. Have eaten there once as well and it was fine. Once again, nothing overly special but I would go there with a client if it was convenient. This one is a another five minutes down the road from Glen Waverley so just that little bit further from Mulgrave. See http://www.clariononcanterbury.com.a...rant/index.php

Old Oct 16th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much - much appreciated.
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM

I am actually going to Mocha Joes for lunch today. It is one of those slightly funky places that can get fairly noisy and isn't at all pretentious, but casual and relaxed. For a restaurant in the suburbs, it feels like you are much closer to the city, and that's why I like it. The menu is good and there are tables outside. If you want something a little classier and quieter I can highly recommend Enzo in Blackburn Road (www.enzorestaurant.com.au). Good luck and let us know where you end up going.
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 08:48 PM

There is a very good Malaysian restaurant in Glen Waverley - PJs. We've been going there for years and never had a bad meal.
For good Chinese food there's a very upmarket restaurant - Eastern Empress in Springvale Road.
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM

Another vote for Enzo. It's a really good white linen Italian restaurant in a very surprising location (a suburban shopping centre).

There's another good restaurant in the same shopping centre. It's called Samsara. The menu is varied but there's a strong Nth African influence: Morocco, Egypt etc. Good wine list - the owner loves his wine.
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all - we went to Mocha Jo's (my clients' choice) and enjoyed it.
Their lemon pepper calamari was one of the best I've had anywhere.