reef fishing, snorkel & swim trip

Dec 4th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Lee
Original Poster

reef fishing, snorkel & swim trip

I am looking for a private or shared charter to GBR out of Cairns area for reef fishing, snorkeling and beach activities. I would prefer 3 or so days on a liveaboard. Coral Princess and Reef Endevour are not my style and do not offer fishing. I hope someone can help. I have tried contacts via the net but no luck so far. The trip will be in early Sept.
Thanks for the help.
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Janese

Do a Google search of the areas that you are going to and see if that comes up with anything. Most of the people who do things like that are just small operators and probably would not have a web-site. You would only have to be in town, down at the wharf for a short time to find someone willing to do whatever you wanted in terms of reef charters but I understand your need to have things organized.
Other than that perhaps contacting the regional Tourism Bureau may bring up something interesting.
I will have a look myself and get back to you.

Dec 4th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Janese

http://www.boatingoz.com.au/cocaicrew.htm

There seems to be quite a few, I put in "private charters Cairns " and came up with a selection. Try the above one or go to Google and do your own search on the others.

Dec 4th, 2003, 03:55 PM

Hi Lee - for day or night reef fishing try Blue Whaler Reef Fishing & Charters- they don't seem to have an email address or website that I can find. You'll need to phone them, when dialling from o'seas on 61 7 14032 1414 - Grahame or Christine Edwards. Last people I sent with them came back laden with very good sized red emperor and coral trout. If you're after sportsfishing try Billfish - you can book via Boardwalk Travel and Charters in Cairns - 61 7 4031 4444. There's also plenty of river and estuary fishing around Cairns.
Dec 5th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Lee
Original Poster

Thanks for the help, especially to Janese. I wish I could just wait and book on the wharf. I will try the local tourist office, also.