Reload this Page >

Rainforest tours from Port Douglas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 04:18 AM
sam

Any information on Deluxe Safaris or Tony's Tropical Tours. Both companies offer 2 options. Tour A- Daintree River, Cape Tribulation and Bloomfield Track and Falls.Tour B- Mount Lewis Track Carbine Valley and MItchell River.I also heard of Australian Wilderness Experience but the hotel I'm staying out suggested the other companies.Is tour A or B the better choice? Any other suggestions ? I was afraid David Armhurst tour would move a little to slow for me. Thank you.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:25 AM
carl

I enjoyed our day with Australian Wilderness Tours to the rain forest very much. We were on a mini bus with about a half dozen people and the tour was quite relaxingly paced. Our guide, Murray,knew the area well and shared his experience rather than lecturing us. AWT has access to a private piece of property in the thick of the rain forest for walking and a lunch spot along a quiet, pristine stream.<BR><BR>The tour covered the Daintree River and up to Cape Tribulation and the beach there. It ended up at tea on the veranda at Silky Oaks which is worth seeing if you're not staying there.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Sonia

Carl<BR><BR>Do you have the website for Australian Wilderness Tours? I can't seem to find it and they sound very good.<BR><BR>Many thanks

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:29 AM
John

We visted Australia last Nov and would recommend Dave's all day trip. With only four people it was a wonderful day in the rainforest and the outback area in the afternoon. Just watch out for the leeches. The lunch was fresh fish. Remember to take all your belongings with you when you leave his tour, I left my hat and he sent us a photo wearing the hat - it found a good home!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 03:44 PM
caro

I have been on both tours with both operators.<BR>Bloonfield at the moment isnt worth the effort as we have had our driest wet season in 80 years. Thus the thunderin waterfall is but a mere dribble.<BR>Mount Lewis includes outback as well as rainforest and more driving is involved. On the Mt Lewis trip you see more kangaroos etc.<BR>Tonys tour to cape tribulation is fantastic. He has access to a private property which Deluxe does not have. This property is great for pure rainforest and an amzing waterhole for swimming. When I wne I saw a cassowary. COOOL!<BR>

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:54 AM
carl

Sorry. I don't have a website for Australian Wilderness Tours. I booked them through the place we were staying at.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:51 AM
xxxx

I am also looking for website address for AWT and Tony's Tropical Tour. Any help will be great.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 07:46 PM
caro

Hi there,<BR><BR>website for Tonys is www.tropicaltours.com.au