COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

question for local tour, which is the best?

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

question for local tour, which is the best?

hello everyone, I have this question I want to take the local tour to blue mountains, hunter valley, jenolan caves, etc. Can you recommend a good local tour that can include jenolan, blue mt and koala on a 1 day itinerary? Bec with grayline they separated this.
thanks in advance!
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 02:06 PM

you may want to check out greatsights.com.au - I picked up their brochure but did not book one with them. In Sydney - we took a tour with APT tours -- a trip south along the coastline and enjoyed it. It was called Jervis Bay Dolphins and include a variety of activities -- no Koalas however.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 06:38 AM

G'day valen
"blue mountains, hunter valley, jenolan caves, etc."
I think you are trying to fit too much into one day. That is most likely why Grayline don't do that.
Take your time and enjoy,
Mike
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Hi rheamarie: thanks for replying. I am planning to go to Tangaloma Wild life resort to see the dolphins.

Hi OzMike: thanks for replying. Sorry I guess my question was not clear what I meant was 1 day blue mt, 1 day jenolan, 1 day hunter valley. I want to have a concentration of the place per day.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 08:42 AM

valen --

For Hunter Valley I recommend www.redcarpettours.com.au

I had a good experience with them and for more details you can read my trip report " Trip Report - Part 1 Sydney".

For Blue Mountains I can't express how much better off you will be if you do it yourself but if you want a tour company that was good, Dal Myles was recommended on here - my experience, also on the Trip Report was sub-par but I attribute that to the tour guide and it being his last day of work ( he was a poor guide ). Anyway, again, you will get rushed around the Blue Mts with a tour and not enjoy places the way you would desire. Do a search on Blue Mts and read some posts where people tell you how to "do it yourself". There are a bunch of options to self drive or train to Katoomba /Leura. From my experience - not following that advice when I planned was my biggest and only real regret of the entire vacation.

Good luck -- sorry I can't provide info about Jenolan Caves.

Dawn