Quest Trinity House Hobart (Glebe) Tasmania

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're considering a three-night stay here in October. There seem to be very few reviews on the Web. Are any Fodorites familiar with this property?
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:19 PM

No I am not familiar with that property but then I would not want to stay in Glebe Hobart
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input, Liz. Could you explain why you would not want to stay in the Glebe area? In addition, could you mention the areas you would recommend?
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:12 PM

Sorry Betsy I didn't mean to make it out that Glebe is not a nice area - in fact it has some fantastic houses in and around it. However it is out of the way a bit and doesn't have any facilities close and that was why I said what I did especially when Hobart is such a small place with some excellant accommodation in really great areas such as Battery Point, Salamanca and Sandy Bay - these are the three areas that I would stay in: 1 Salamanca 2/ Battery Point 3/ Sandy Bay - there are plenty of restaurants near, Pubs are close and quaint and most of the accommodation in the first two are either convict built/ Heritage listed or Colonial in design. I did hear a bad report on one B&B in Battery Point but I am not sure as to which one that was so cannot pass on the information but perhaps that was a one off anyway.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Your information is helpful, Liz. I'll check out the areas you recommend.
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 09:10 AM

Betsy,
I visited a friend in Glebe in May, and it was a considerable drive out of town on heavily trafficked streets to an area largely residential. You want to stay closer into the CBD, as LizF has said.
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:54 PM

We have stayed at the Trinity House in the Hobart area (don't know if it is thought of as Glebe) many times and find it to be delightful. If you are walkers, you can walk to the pier area of Hobart where everything is happening (probably about 1 /1/2 miles and to the shopping area. We love Hobart and always stay at the Trinity House. Our friends had a hugh apartment there in the main house but we prefer the separate little flats where you can park next to them and have a full kitchen, etc.

I agree with one poster that staying at Salamanca is a great location and I think that Trinity House has a place there but it is more expensive.

Tasmania is lovely and easy walking distance no matter where you stay in Hobart.
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all. We got a nice rate for a studio apartment at the Quest Savoy in Hobart, which is closer in.