Reload this Page >

quantas luggage econ.cabin.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 04:50 AM
irene vernon

My husband and myself will be travelling to Sydney from Manchester by Quantas airlines in March 2001. What restrictions are there on cabin luggage per person. e.g. size and weight. <BR>Also how many pieces is each person allowed. Is the allowance the same on the internal flights with quantas.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Mary Ann

When we flied Quantas internally they honored our international luggage allowance for checked baggage. However, carryon was different. Flying from the US we generally take on the 21" variety rolling, these were not allowed on Quantas. It is amazing, no one complained, boarding was quick (they do not preassign/reserve seats on domestic flights, first come basis only). We carried on a traditional tote for cosmetics, toileteries, fragile items). We saw people with shopping bags as well, and sports bags but nothing the size of the 21 inch. Most flights departed on time, probably because less hassel with luggage. <BR>One problem with did encounter. On our flight from Sydney to Auckland, our luggage (soft sided) was wet. It had been raining in Sydney when we left and apparently Quantas must leave the luggage outside (we had connected from Cairns). When packing if the weather is damp, make sure you do not leave near the exteriors of checked baggage anything that could be damaged by water. <BR>Have a great trip!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 05:16 AM
mm

Like Maryann, Qantas honored the international luggage rules that applied to my ticket. My husband and I each boarded with two carryons, a big shoulder bag and a hand carry. On our last leg to catch our outgoing international flight, we ended up with an additional shopping bag. May be it was because all our carryon could fit in the compartment or under the seat or that the planes were almost always a quarter empty, but we never had any hassles bringing on what we had. Good luck.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Anne

On our return from Sydney, one passenger had his carryon bag weighed, it appeared, and had to repack it. Only time that seemed to occur.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 03:42 AM
Kangaroo

Qantas, spelt QANTAS ! <BR>Originally Q.A.N.T.A.S, from Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Service.