Reload this Page >

North or South New Zealand?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Roy

We only have time for a few days in New Zealand on our return from Australia.What would you recommend to see in such short time?Would you go to North or South New Zealand?

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 07:10 PM
alistair

The north is very simalar but in the south you can fly to Christchurch and drive the east coast to Dunedin which is short only three hours and great sites then Queenstown in 2.5 hrs Milford Sound and the west coast all of the best in the world in three to four days.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 05:33 AM
Paul S

Hi Roy, <BR> <BR>My vote is for the South Island, I have travelled a lot on both islands and was stationed on the North Island for a couple of months. The South is much more interesting, head for Queenstown and use it as a base to explore the surrounding region.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 10:21 AM
dnorrie

I agree - the south island for sure. If you don't want to drive much, you could easily spend a couple of days in Christchurch and have lots of fun or go to Milford Sound. Or Queenstown. Stay on the South Island - cooler in temp. but much more diverse.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 08:48 AM
Elsa

We saw more of the South Island, than the North Island. I would definitly say the South is nicer. The mountains are beautiful, as is the rest of the area.