Reload this Page >

Qantas, please take me back !!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 11:26 AM
LizF

See my comments on Virgin Blue. <BR>I am promising myself and Qantas that I will never stray again and try another airline. It is not worth it. If you do a price check with both airlines, the fact that you get an actual seat with an area around it that is yours on Qantas, meals, service, more flights and from a real terminal and with real live people over the age of 21 serving you I think the Qantas deal is by far the better one - that is unless you really feel that the cost of $5 is very important to you - the $5 is what the discount is roughly to fly Virgin Blue

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 02:39 AM
Alan

Hi, LizF!<BR><BR>You must have got a good deal from Qantas if you only paid $5 more to fly with them than with Virgin Blue! When I was looking for interstae flights, I found the difference far greater. The few times I have flown with Qantas I have never had any real complaints, but I would say that on principle we should be patronising the underdog, because keeping Virgin Blue in the air is one good way of ensuring that you ONLY pay $5 more for a Qantas ticket. My one experience with Virgin Blue was that they were a young, friendly, enthusiastic bunch who were very eager to give their passengers a good time. Power to their arm, I say... though I sympathise with your tall son, whatever airline he flies with!<BR>On another subject altogether, may I compliment you on the consistent standard of your advice on this forum. I seldom find it necessary to enter any discussion after "LizF" has signed her name to a piece of advice, because there never seems to be anything left to add!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Lizf

Gee, gosh ( blush ) thanks Alan.<BR>ps I will send the $20 as soon as I can

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:33 PM
LizF

I have just done a comparison al beit a very quick one though<BR><BR>Qantas Bris - Syd $77<BR>VB $87<BR><BR>Qantas Bris - Melb $121<BR>VB $119<BR><BR>Qantas Bris - Cairns $132<BR>VB $149<BR><BR>Oh yes I agree with Alan about keeping up support for VB. So my rule for today is that " all midgets, children and Asians ( no offence as I would love to be your size and that goes for the lot of you) fly Virgin Blue and the rest of us fly Qantas. Whatcha reckon?

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 02:09 PM
graul

just two points ... at the moment there are supposed good deals with all 3 airlines ..Qantas, VB & AnsettII<BR>all appear to have the same rates ..eg Syd ot Brisbane for $77 (includes $7 GST).. they're also the same price for SYd to Adelaide & Melbourne ..this is pretty logical when you think about it ... these are internet bookings only (add some $$$ for phone books)<BR>second point is that these are not as cheap as they seem and a nasty trend is developing ..in additional "surcharges" ... all these fares have add-ons in airportt taxes that push the $70 fare up to $105 inclusive ... that's 50% markup.<BR>Anyone now thinking also to get a RTW ticket with one of the big two alliances is in for a shock too, as airport and departure tax type charges have soared to the point where they can add up to over $1000 if you do a few stops. Many countries are putting up departure taxes as a surrogate visa, to clean up on those "transiting" through their country. <BR>Just be careful when travel agents quote a "fare" .. what you need is the full price INCLUDING all taxes and charges<BR>