Polynesia hotels : a practical question

Nov 10th, 1998, 01:50 AM
joelle

Polynesia hotels : a practical question

I am afraid my question may sound a bit silly but... I'd like to know, since most of the hotels only have ceiling fans (no A/C), how are the windows in the rooms ... I mean ,are they normal glass windows or the "jalousie" wooden type which lets the air come in (as well as other visitors...). Many thanks in advance for the answers from experienced visitors to Polynesia.

Nov 10th, 1998, 02:41 AM
Peg

Joelle, There is accommodation with every type of condition, ie, windows and aircon, windows and fans, shutters and fans. it depends on what type of accommodation you choose. Peg.

Nov 10th, 1998, 02:58 AM
joelle

We should be looking for the Beachcomber or Sofitel type of hotels. For instance, what is the common equipment for overwater or beach bungalows ? Thanks. Joelle

Nov 28th, 1998, 01:27 PM
Coral

Most of the hotels in Tahiti and her islands do not have air conditioning in the Beach & Overwater bungalows, as there are overhead fans and you also receive the ocean breezes. In most "room" accomoadations which are usually in the main buliding they do have air-conditioning.

Dec 19th, 1998, 09:28 PM
Judy

Who needs a/c????? We went the end of May until the first week of June. The delux beach bung. in Moorea (Sofitel) had an a/c that would freeze you out. Our over-the-water bung. on Bora Bora had no a/c, but did have a ceiling fan. We just opened the double sliding glass door wide open all night and got the greatest cooling breezes off the Ocean, plus the soothing sounds of the waves crashing out beyond the reef....hmmmm, slept like a baby. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.