Planning trip to Fiji, Need Help!!!

Jun 10th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Chris

Planning trip to Fiji, Need Help!!!

I am planning a surprise trip to Fiji for my wife's 25th birthday. It will be our first trip there, actually, it's really our first international trip anywhere! Anyways, we also have a daughter who will be 1 1/2 years old when we go. I was planning to go in May of 2003. Any ideas?

Jun 10th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Mary

It depends what your wife likes. For me somewhere like Navini or Toberua - small, quiet, - would be perfect. They'll look after your daughter like one of the family on the smaller resorts too. However she may prefer something a bit busier - Castaway, Treasure etc. Your choice is a bit limited because quite a few of the resorts don't accept children except during Australian?NZ school holidays. However - we took our son to Fiji when he was 3 (he's now 16) and he loved it. I hope this helps - but if you need more specific advice just ask.

Jun 14th, 2002, 09:03 AM
jake

Actually i have another question regarding Fiji. I will soon be taking a trip to Fiji this summer from the United States. What i want to know what is the policy on taking either over the counter mediceine such as Advil, Tums, cold and allergy medicine into Fiji. D I have to worry about any issues bringing these items into Fiji or is there a place near the Nadi airport that I acquire these items? Also what is the policy on prescription medication and the sort?

Thanks

Jun 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Mary

no problem with over the counter medication (as long as it's for your own use). as for prescription medication - it will depend on what it is! If it's something unusual I suggt you get a letter from your doctor. Antibiotics etc won't be a problem. There's a chemist (pharmacy) at Nadi airport as well.

Jun 14th, 2002, 11:59 PM
sonia

just a note...we went to Toberua to check it out as a possible wedding venue on our way to Oz. HATED it!! Rooms and pool were shabby, and service was rather lacking...for a 3 star it would have been ok, but not for their rates!!! have been to Fiji many times and this was only bad experience though...

Definitely stay on an island...maybe Castaway or Matagi or Matamanoa???

Jun 16th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Mary

Sonia, Thanks for the update on Toberua. it is several years since I was there and I understand it has changed hands. I'll stop recommending it!! I agree with matamonoa - although I think there are times of the year when they don't take children. We like Navini as it's SO tiny (you can walk around the island in 15 minutes) and personal - it's particularly good for small children as the staff take care of them when you like rather than at Castaway where it's more of an organised program.

Jun 19th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Stephanie

Matamanoa usually doesn't allow kids under 12, so that's proabably not a good option (although I absolutely love Matamanoa). What about Malolo? The beach isn't as nice, but they have a great swimming pool (they're one of the few islands with their own supply of fresh water. Most places have it shipped in). The staff at Malolo is fantastic and it's a very kid friendly environment.