Perth at night...

Jul 11th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Perth at night...

Apart from clubs (which I'm not into), what is there to do at night in Perth - any late night shopping,are there plenty of restaurants to sit and watch the world go by or just have a quiet drink somewhere ?.
What's Perth like for non-smokers,like the Far East where it's banned in the majority of restaurants ?.
Jul 12th, 2005, 02:28 AM

There is an area close to the city centre called Northbridge which is wall-to-wall restaurants. It's good for people watching and, of course, eating and drinking. Smoking is banned in Australia everywhere food is served, on public transport and in public buildings. People who smoke generally sit outside at the pavement tables.
There is late night shopping (until 9pm) either Friday or Thursday night, not sure which.
Kay
Jul 12th, 2005, 03:12 AM

Lesg, what do you call the Far East? The first time I ate in a restaurant in China, and out of conditioning walked outside for a smoke, I was herded back in by two appalled waitresses. My guess is that China would house a fair percentage of the Far East's restaurants!

Jul 12th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Original Poster

Neil..by the Far East I mean Malaysia,Thailand,Singapore & Hong Kong.
I haven't been to China yet but that might change in the near future.
Jul 12th, 2005, 11:19 PM

Singapore I can imagine, but ... Thailand and Malaysia - and Hong Kong -ban smoking in restaurants too?
Jul 12th, 2005, 11:21 PM

Sorry, I meant to say that while I haven't been to Perth for a few years, Northbridge (just outside the city centre) and Fremantle should fit the bill very nicely.
Jul 14th, 2005, 11:45 PM

There is late night shopping in the city on Friday nights - until 9pm. In the suburbs it is on Thursday night until 9pm. Northbridge and Fremantle are good suggestions. There is also Subiaco - you can catch the train to Subi it is only about a 5min ride away. There are lots of cafes, restaurants close by. The Subi Hotel is good too, for eating as well as drinking.

Mac123