Reload this Page >

Pearl Beach BB-convenience to main island of Bora Bora

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Bonnie

Since the Pearl Beach Bora Bora is on a motu, we are wondering if the Pearl Beach shuttle to the main island really is convenient to the main island of Bora Bora? We want to be able to eat dinner on the main islnad and explore it as well. The hotel sounds great in general. <BR>Thanks.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 02:57 AM
LordBalfor

It is not quite as convenient as being on the main island (privacy has its price), but it's not TOO inconvient. If I remember correctly, the shuttle runs every hour or so. If you make reservations at Bloody Mary's etc, most restaurants will send a car to pick up/take you back to the boat launch. The Pearl Beach is a terrific place! If you haven't seen them you might want to take a look at my photos of the resort (and French Polynesia in general) at Webshots.com. The URL is: <BR> <BR>http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor <BR> <BR>I've also posted a number of travel reviews on Epinions.com. The URL of my "Comparison of Bora Bora Resorts" review is: <BR> <BR>http://www.epinions.com/trvl-review-...3A4B759E-prod3 <BR> <BR>From there you can find my reviews of the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort, The island of Moorea, the Tahiti Beachcomber Parkroyal (now known as the Intercontinental), Papeete, and a rather humorous article on "Polynesian Fever" (the overwhelming need to return to the South Pacific). <BR> <BR>Enjoy! <BR> <BR>Ken <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 02:28 PM
corine

Hi there, <BR>I have stayed at the PB BB for the grand opening a few years back...lovely, but I liked the PB Manihi much better.It was quiter and fewer OWBungalows. I heard the new Tikehau PB resort in the Tuamotus is awsome . My daughter and her husband just returned the photos are awsome. If you would like to ask any questions they used a well know wholesaler and had a fabulous time. I am sure she wouldn't mind talking about it.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 03:57 PM
candy

Stayed at the Pearl Beach last year. I thought the boat shuttle ran more than every hour, but the bus into town was about every hour. Either way, it was easy to plan your trip back to the main island. The only draw back was making sure you were back before the boat shuttle stops running. Can't remember the exact time but want to say about 9pm.

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are staying at Pearl Beach Bora Bora, how do you go to the Bloody Mary's for lunch?

Also, except for Sunday, they serve lunches. But Frommer's site says lunch is only on cruise ship days -- is this the case?

From what I read, the Bloody Mary pickup is available for dinners only, not for lunch.