Search

Nov 1999 visit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 1999, 08:59 AM
Julie

Nov 1999 visit

My parents and I will be able to visit New Zealand in late November--we are very fast travelers and intend to visit my daughter for a day or 2 in Auckland while she is an exchange student...we were wondering about that time of year--weather, hotel availability and whether the Americas Cup will be there at that time... we are looking for B and Bs in Auckland and also on the South island....thank you!

Old Mar 7th, 1999, 01:30 AM
Christine

Julie <BR>How long do you plan to be in New Zealand over all? <BR>A new site that came on line yesterday is http://outside.nz.com/ <BR>I did not look into it but could be of some help. <BR>The America'c Cup finals are being sailed from February 2000. They are having challengers racers from about October so the prices around Auckland will be inflated. <BR>Best to get your daughter to check out the local B&B catalogue. Or you can find it on NZ B&B on the net. <BR>The weather will be great at that time subject to El Nino or La Nina. <BR>The South Island is so compact and easy to travel in. We are biased. Must sees are Mt Cook, Milford Sound, Kaikoura whales, Akaroa. E-mail us for more information. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 03:59 AM
Trudy Meredith

Hi Julie, you will find Gisborne, a great place to visit after Auckland, it is relatively untouched by commercialsim. and the people here are very friendly, especially people like us we offer peace and quiet after the hot days you are likely to experience at that time of the year. If I know what you and your parents love seeing and doing I would be able to offer some likely events in Gisborne. You have chosen a good time to visit before the thousands of people descend on Gisborne for the millenium celebrations. There are going to be so many people ;here that it is mind boggling. If you are interested in what we have to offer just email and I will be glad to helpl, as I am the owner and chef and landscaper of our 4 acre complex.

Old May 30th, 1999, 12:33 AM
jeff

just what you need - a Gisborne Hotel owner telling you to visit. Forget it - I live in NZ and love it but I would never suggest Gisbourne as part of an itinerary unless you have 3 months. <BR>Stay a couple of days in Auckland to get over the jet lag, go south to Rotorua then fly to the south island and spend all the rest of your time there. It is much more spectacular than the north island. <BR>I definately recommend B&B's and farm stays.

Old May 30th, 1999, 03:26 AM
David

I am Australian but have travelled both islands in New Zealand. I am with Jeff, spend most of your time in the south island. There is heaps more to do and see down there. I was there once in November...and my advice would be not to count on the weather being warm...it might be but it was pretty chilly when we were there!!

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 07:15 PM
sharon

Hi Julie, <BR>You may like to try soem of Nz great B & B - Hotels should be Ok I would think at that time. <BR>Try to fit in a couple of days on the Coromandel peninsula 2 hours from Auckland. I can help[ you plan something and ig you are going to the South Usland let me know as i have a great contact there for s special visit, <BR>Cheers <BR>Sharon